The Optimal Distribution of Income
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by MIT Press in its journal Quarterly Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 85 (1971)
Issue (Month): 4 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://mitpress.mit.edu/journals/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ley, Eduardo, 2006.
"Statistical inference as a bargaining game,"
Elsevier, vol. 93(1), pages 142-149, October.
- Mamoru Kaneko, 1981.
"The Optimal Progressive Income Tax -- The Existence and the Limit Tax Rates,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
599, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Kaneko, Mamoru, 1982. "The optimal progressive income tax : The existence and the limit tax rates," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 193-221, September.
- Robin Boadway, 1998. "The Mirrlees Approach to the Theory of Economic Policy," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 67-81, February.
- von Greiff, Camilo, 2007. "Effects of Redistribution Policies - Who Gains and Who Loses?," Research Papers in Economics 2007:12, Stockholm University, Department of Economics.
- Hanushek, Eric A. & Leung, Charles Ka Yui & Yilmaz, Kuzey, 2003.
"Redistribution through education and other transfer mechanisms,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 50(8), pages 1719-1750, November.
- Hanushek, Eric & Charles Ka Yui Leung & Kuzey Yilmaz, 2002. "Redistribution through Education and Other Transfer Mechanisms," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2002 94, Royal Economic Society.
- Eric Hanushek & Charles Ka Yui Leung & Kuzey Yilmaz, 2001. "Redistribution through Education and Other Transfer Mechanisms," NBER Working Papers 8588, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1987.
"Pareto efficient and optimal taxation and the new new welfare economics,"
Handbook of Public Economics,
in: A. J. Auerbach & M. Feldstein (ed.), Handbook of Public Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 15, pages 991-1042
- Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1987. "Pareto Efficient and Optimal Taxation and the New New Welfare Economics," NBER Working Papers 2189, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert Shelburne, 2006. "A Utilitarian Welfare Analysis of Trade Liberalization," ECE Discussion Papers Series 2006_4, UNECE.
- Kevin J. Lansing, 1993. "Dynamic optimal fiscal and monetary policy in a business cycle model with income redistribution," Working Paper 9308, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Pierre Fortin & George A. Akerlof & William T. Dickens & George L. Perry, 2002. "Inflation and Unemployment in the U.S. and Canada: A Common Framework," Cahiers de recherche du DÃ©partement des sciences Ã©conomiques, UQAM 20-16, Université du Québec à Montréal, Département des sciences économiques.
- Castanheira, Micael & Nicodème, Gaëtan & Profeta, Paola, 2011.
"On the political economics of tax reforms,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
8507, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Micael Castanheira & Gaëtan Nicodème & Paola Profeta, 2012. "On the political economics of tax reforms: survey and empirical assessment," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer, vol. 19(4), pages 598-624, August.
- Michael J. Boskin & Eytan Sheshinski, 1976. "Optimal Income Redistribution When Individual Welfare Depends Upon Relative Income," NBER Working Papers 0144, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daniel S. Hamermesh, 1994. "Policy Transferability and Hysteresis: Daily and Weekly Hours in the BRD and the US," NBER Working Papers 4773, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jerry A. Hausman, 1980. "Income and Payroll Tax Policy and Labor Supply," NBER Working Papers 0610, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:fth:prinin:117 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Karie Kirkpatrick).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.