On Generalized Revealed Preference Analysis
AbstractThis paper considers the revealed preference implications of a fairly general optimization hypothesis under any finite number of constraints. It extends S. N. Afriat's seminal nonparametric analysis. The usefulness of the results are illustrated in two examples. Copyright 1993, the President and Fellows of Harvard College and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by MIT Press in its journal Quarterly Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 108 (1993)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://mitpress.mit.edu/journals/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Francoise Forges & Enrico Minelli, 2006.
"Afriat’s Theorem for General Budget Sets,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
1703, CESifo Group Munich.
- Laurens Cherchye & Timo Kuosmanen & Thierry Post, 2001.
"Nonparametric Production Analysis under Alternative Price Conditions,"
Public Economics Working Paper Series
ces0105, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centrum voor Economische Studiën, Working Group Public Economics.
- Laurens CHERCHYE & Timo KUOSMANEN & Thierry POST, 2001. "Non-Parametric Production Analysis under Alternative Price Conditions," Center for Economic Studies - Discussion papers ces0105, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centrum voor Economische Studiën.
- Kalandrakis, Tasos, 2010.
Econometric Society, vol. 5(1), January.
- John Quah & Hiroki Nishimura & Efe A. Ok, 2013. "A Unified Approach to Revealed Preference Theory: The Case of Rational Choice," Economics Series Working Papers 686, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- THOMAS COX & John Mullen & Wensheng Hu, 1996. "Nonparametric Measures of the Impacts of Public Research Expenditures on Australian Broadacre Agriculture: Preliminary Results," Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Staff Papers 399, Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Department.
- Deb, Rahul & Fenske, James, 2009. "A Nonparametric Test of Strategic Behavior in the Cournot Model," MPRA Paper 16560, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Thomas COX & John MULLEN & Wensheng HU, 1996. "Nonparametric Measures Of The Impacts Of Public Research Expenditures On Australian Broadacre Agriculture: Preliminary Results," Staff Papers 399, University of Wisconsin Madison, AAE.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Karie Kirkpatrick).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.