Monetary Policy and Portfolio Choice Choice in an Open Economy Macro Model
AbstractThis paper explores the role of monetary policy in an open economy in an environment of endogenous portfolio choice. The model is simple enough to allow solutions for optimal portfolios to be derived analytically for a range of different asset market environments. We explore the impact of monetary policy on national bond and equity portfolios in environments where assets markets areeither complete or incomplete. (JEL: E52, E58, F41) (c) 2007 by the European Economic Association.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by MIT Press in its journal Journal of the European Economic Association.
Volume (Year): 5 (2007)
Issue (Month): 2-3 (04-05)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.mitpressjournals.org/jeea
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ester Faia & Eleni Iliopulos, 2010.
"Financial Globalization, Financial Frictions and Optimal Monetary Policy,"
Kiel Working Papers
1639, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Ester Faia & Eleni Iliopulos, 2010. "Financial Globalization, Financial Frictions and Optimal Monetary Policy," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00497486, HAL.
- Ester Faia & Eleni Iliopulos, 2010. "Financial globalization, financial frictions and optimal monetary policy," Globalization and Monetary Policy Institute Working Paper 52, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Ester Faia & Eleni Iliopulos, 2010. "Financial Globalization, Financial Frictions and Optimal Monetary Policy," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 10053, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Schüder, Stefan, 2011.
"Monetary policy trade-offs in a portfolio model with endogenous asset supply,"
32019, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Schüder, Stefan, 2012. "Monetary Policy Trade-Offs in a Portfolio Model with Endogenous Asset Supply," Annual Conference 2012 (Goettingen): New Approaches and Challenges for the Labor Market of the 21st Century 65402, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Michael B. Devereux & Alan Sutherland, 2007.
"Financial Globalization and Monetary Policy,"
IMF Working Papers
07/279, International Monetary Fund.
- Devereux, Michael B. & Sutherland, Alan, 2008. "Financial globalization and monetary policy," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2008,20, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Devereux, Michael B & Sutherland, Alan, 2007. "Financial Globalization and Monetary Policy," CEPR Discussion Papers 6147, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Camilo E Tovar, 2008.
"DSGE models and central banks,"
BIS Working Papers
258, Bank for International Settlements.
- Tovar, Camilo Ernesto, 2009. "DSGE Models and Central Banks," Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal, Kiel Institute for the World Economy, vol. 3(16), pages 1-31.
- Hélène Rey & Nicolas Coeurdacier, 2010.
"Home bias in open economy financial macroeconomics,"
Sciences Po publications
info:hdl:2441/c8dmi8nm4pd, Sciences Po.
- Nicolas Coeurdacier & Hélène Rey, 2013. "Home Bias in Open Economy Financial Macroeconomics," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 51(1), pages 63-115, March.
- Nicolas Coeurdacier & Hélène Rey, 2011. "Home Bias in Open Economy Financial Macroeconomics," NBER Working Papers 17691, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Coeurdacier, Nicolas & Rey, Hélène, 2012. "Home Bias in Open Economy Financial Macroeconomics," CEPR Discussion Papers 8746, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kumhof, Michael, 2010. "On the theory of sterilized foreign exchange intervention," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 34(8), pages 1403-1420, August.
- Milani, Fabio, 2011. "The impact of foreign stock markets on macroeconomic dynamics in open economies: A structural estimation," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 111-129, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Karie Kirkpatrick).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.