The Governance of New Immigrants Inflow: from Emergency Management to Social Inclusion Policies. The Case Study of the Municipality of Rome
AbstractRecent studies and events on immigration highlight the strategic importance of an immigration management. The paper aims at emphasizing that a possible solution is to adopt a multilevel governance perspective which focuses on the main actors and processes involved in the immigration management. Starting from the structural characteristics of this phenomenon with its long-term implications, the paper reviews the relevant literature and analyses the legislation context, giving a detailed picture of the current situation in the area of the Municipality of Rome. We underline the roles played by actors at the central and the local organizational level. Particular attention is given to their areas of intervention. Our results show the existence of overlapping and/or missing actions at the central level, while an important role is played by NGOs.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by DSI - Dipartimento di Studi sull'Impresa in its journal DSI Essays Series.
Volume (Year): 3 (2009)
Issue (Month): ()
Immigration; governance; emergency management; social inclusion;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L60 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - General
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- L15 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Information and Product Quality
- M16 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - International Business Administration
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mario Risso).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.