The Role of Time for the Competitiveness of SMEs in the Service Sector
AbstractThis paper aims to highlight the analysis of the integrated role of time and knowledge factors for the SME competitiveness in the service sector, in the perspective of an intersystemic co-evolution. Particularly, it refers to hotels. The analysis is developed from a conceptual base emphasizing time value in its subjective (i.e. socio-cultural) perspective, in the recursive setting of firm knowledge, here synthesized within the time-knowledge binomial, and cal-led co-evolutionary time. The appropriateness of this analysis is motivated by the observation of the evolutionary dynamics emerging in this sector. The paper combines theory and practice thanks to the case study of the Sextantio “albergo diffuso”, a hotel appreciated throughout the world for its innovative business.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by DSI - Dipartimento di Studi sull'Impresa in its journal DSI Essays Series.
Volume (Year): 17 (2011)
Issue (Month): ()
Time; knowledge; Systemness; Co-evolution; Competitive Advantage; hotel SME;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
- L84 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Personal, Professional, and Business Services
- L85 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Real Estate Services
- M12 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - Personnel Management; Executives; Executive Compensation
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Roberto Cafferata, 2009. "Competitive Advantage and Internationalization of Italian Small and Medium-Sized Manufacturing Firms," DSI Essays Series, DSI - Dipartimento di Studi sull'Impresa, vol. 1.
- Réjean Landry & Nabil Amara & Mathieu Ouimet, 2007. "Determinants of knowledge transfer: evidence from Canadian university researchers in natural sciences and engineering," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 32(6), pages 561-592, December.
- Wei, Sherrie & Ruys, Hein F. & van Hoof, Hubert B. & Combrink, Thomas E., 2001. "Uses of the Internet in the global hotel industry," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 54(3), pages 235-241, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mario Risso).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.