Education, Dualisme Regional Et Developpement Economique : Le Cas De 14 Etats Indiens (1970-1993)
AbstractThe object of this article is to identify the influence of education on economic growth in the main States of India during the period 1970-1993. Using an augmented Solow function, we show that the levels of primary and secondary education contribute differently to growth according to the level of urbanization, the stage of development or the degree of technicality of the regional productive structures.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var in its journal Région et Développement.
Volume (Year): 17 (2003)
Issue (Month): ()
AGRICULTURE; CROISSANCE; EDUCATION; PANEL; URBANISATION;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- I28 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Government Policy
- O11 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- O15 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christophe Van Huffel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.