Crisis and Corporate Social Responsibility: Threat or Opportunity?
AbstractThe objective of this paper is to reflect on the consequences of the current economic and financial crisis on Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), a concept of great importance nowadays. The core approach is the possible link between CSR and the crisis, if both elements can be combined. After an introduction to the current economic and financial situation, some conceptualizations about CSR are made to clarify the perspective used for this complex and incompletely defined concept. The last part of the paper presents an approach to the combination of both concepts, concluding with the idea that CSR in crisis periods can be converted from being a threat to an opportunity
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Technological Educational Institute (TEI) of Kavala, Greece in its journal International Journal of Economic Sciences and Applied Research (IJESAR).
Volume (Year): 2 (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 (June)
Crisis; Corporate social responsibility; Business ethics;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M10 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - General
- M14 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - Corporate Culture; Diversity; Social Responsibility
- M21 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Economics - - - Business Economics
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Calderon Huerta Mario Rodolfo, 2012. "Examining CSR Reporting and Economic Crisis a Study of GRI Reporting Companies," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 2(1), pages 30-39, March.
- IAMANDI Irina-Eugenia & CONSTANTIN Laura-Gabriela & JOLDES Cosmin-Silviu-Raul, 2010. "Corporate Social Responsibility During The Economic Crisis. The Case Of The Romanian Companies," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1(2), pages 963-969, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kostas Stergidis).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.