A comparative analysis of solutions regarding the current global crisis
AbstractThe aim of this paper is to analyze comparatively and critically the solutions adopted on international level by the European Union and also by different countries. In the first part, the paper aims at emphasizing the causes of the global economic and financial crisis and its features, including the contagion effect which manifested. In the second part, we consider the main implications of the global financial turmoil in order to emphasize the serious effects of the crisis. Finally, we analyze the solutions outlined in hard-hit countries in order to limit and counteract its effects, the solutions adopted on international level and also the domestic remedies. For this purpose, we compare the fiscal, monetary and budgetary solutions developed and implemented in countries such as USA, UK, Japan, EU countries and, of course, Romania.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Faculty of Economics, Tibiscus University in Timisoara in its journal Anale. Seria Stiinte Economice. Timisoara.
Volume (Year): XVIII (2012)
Issue (Month): (May)
financial crisis; global crisis; sub-prime credit; fiscal packages; monetary policy;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
- E63 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Comparative or Joint Analysis of Fiscal and Monetary Policy; Stabilization; Treasury Policy
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
- G38 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Government Policy and Regulation
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Daniel Kysilka).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.