Para Politikasi, Parasal Buyuklukler ve Kuresel Mali Kriz Sonrasi Gelismeler
AbstractIn this study we attempt to shed some light on the theoretical and empirical discussions regarding the role of monetary aggregates in monetary policy formulations. We also assess the developments in the aftermath of the global financial crisis and emphasize the role of monetary aggregates in this new economic environment. On the other hand, by analyzing monetary policies of the countries, where the monetary aggregates are given prominent roles in the decision-making processes, we investigate how monetary aggregates can be best utilized in the current design of the monetary policy in Turkey. Our main finding is that the velocity of circulation calculated by using M2Y is predictable. This finding is important because it allow us to calculate a reference growth rate for M2Y that is consistent with the inflation targets set by the Central Bank of Turkey. At the same time our findings suggest that the persistent deviations of the growth rate of M2Y from this reference rate signal the growing financial imbalances and inflationary risks in the economy.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey in its journal Central Bank Review.
Volume (Year): 9 (2009)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Head Office, Istiklal Cad. 10 Ulus, 06100 Ankara
Phone: (90 312) 507 5000
Fax: (90 312) 507 5640
Web page: http://www.tcmb.gov.tr/
More information through EDIRC
Monetary aggregates; Financial crisis; Quantitative easing; Velocity of money;
Other versions of this item:
- K. Azim Ozdemir, 2009. "Para Politikasi, Parasal Buyuklukler ve Kuresel Mali Kriz Sonrasi Gelismeler," Working Papers 0905, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- E40 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - General
- E51 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Money Supply; Credit; Money Multipliers
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gulhanim Kayatas).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.