On Stephen Parsons' Philosophical Critique of Transcendental Realism
AbstractThis paper replies to Stephen Parsons' critique of Tony Lawson's Economics and Reality recently published in this journal. The topics addressed include Lawson's critique of empirical realism; Lawson's definition of 'structures'; theories of truth; the relationship between mainstream economics and empirical realism; and the possibility of naturalism .
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Review of Political Economy.
Volume (Year): 13 (2001)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/CRPE20
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tony Lawson, 1997. "Critical Issues in Economics as Realist Social Theory," Ekonomia, Cyprus Economic Society and University of Cyprus, vol. 1(2), pages 75-117, Winter.
- Stephen Parsons, 1999. "Economics and Reality: A philosophical critique of transcendental realism," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(4), pages 455-466.
- Stephen D. Parsons, 1996. "Post Keynesian Realism and Keynes' General Theory," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 18(3), pages 419-441, April.
- Runde, Jochen, 1998. "Assessing Causal Economic Explanations," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 50(2), pages 151-72, April.
- Stephen Parsons, 2001. "A Response to the Claim 'There is no Problem for Transcendental Realism Here'," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(1), pages 115-123.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.