Feller processes of normal inverse Gaussian type
AbstractWe consider the construction of normal inverse Gaussian (NIG) (and some related) Levy processes from the probabilistic viewpoint and from that of the theory of pseudo-differential operators; we then introduce and analyse natural generalizations of these constructions. The resulting Feller processes are somewhat similar to the NIG Levy process but may, for instance, possess mean-reverting features. Possible applications to financial mathematics are discussed, and approximations to solutions of corresponding generalizations of the Black-Scholes equation are derived.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor and Francis Journals in its journal Quantitative Finance.
Volume (Year): 1 (2001)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://taylorandfrancis.metapress.com/link.asp?target=journal&id=111405
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- McCulloch, James, 2012. "Fractal market time," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 686-701.
- Jir\^o Akahori & Takahiro Tsuchiya, 2006.
"What is the natural scale for a L\'evy process in modelling term structure of interest rates?,"
- Jirô Akahori & Takahiro Tsuchiya, 2006. "What is the Natural Scale for a Lévy Process in Modelling Term Structure of Interest Rates?," Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, Springer, vol. 13(4), pages 299-313, December.
- Florian Kleinert & Kees van Schaik, 2013. "A variation of the Canadisation algorithm for the pricing of American options driven by L\'evy processes," Papers 1304.4534, arXiv.org.
- Neil Shephard & Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen, 2012.
"Basics of Levy processes,"
Economics Series Working Papers
610, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- James McCulloch, 2012. "Fractal Market Time," Research Paper Series 311, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Lin, Zuodong & Rachev, Svetlozar T. & Kim, Young Shin & Fabozzi, Frank J., 2012. "Option pricing with regime switching tempered stable processes," Working Paper Series in Economics 43, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Department of Economics and Business Engineering.
- Lim, Dongjae & Li, Lingfei & Linetsky, Vadim, 2012. "Evaluating callable and putable bonds: An eigenfunction expansion approach," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 1888-1908.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.