Property company performance and real interest rates: a regime-switching approach
AbstractQuantitative analysis of property performance has tended to rely on linear models. This paper explores the possible insights of using non-linear, regime based models. It is argued that there may exist different regimes depending on the level of real interest rates. This is tested empirically using a Threshold Autoregressive (TAR) model on property company data. It is found that behaviour differs in high interest rate and low interest rate regimes.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Journal of Property Research.
Volume (Year): 14 (1997)
Issue (Month): 2 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RJPR20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shaukat, Mughees, 2010. "The Benefits and Importance of Commercial Real Estate," MPRA Paper 28268, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kuang-Liang Chang & Nan-Kuang Chen & Charles Leung, 2011.
"Monetary Policy, Term Structure and Asset Return: Comparing REIT, Housing and Stock,"
The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics,
Springer, vol. 43(1), pages 221-257, July.
- Chang, Kuang-Liang & Chen, Nan-Kuang & Leung, Charles Ka Yui, 2009. "Monetary Policy, Term Structure and Asset Return: Comparing REIT, Housing and Stock," MPRA Paper 23514, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chris Brooks & Sotiris Tsolacos, 2001. "International Evidence of the Predictability of Prices of Securititised Real Estate Assets: Econometric Models versus Neural Networks," ICMA Centre Discussion Papers in Finance icma-dp2001-08, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Graham Partington & Max Stevenson, 2001. "The probability and timing of price reversals in the property market," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(7), pages 389-398.
- Colin Lizieri & Charles Ward, 2000. "Commercial Real Estate Return Distributions: A Review Of Literature And Empirical Evidence," Real Estate & Planning Working Papers rep-wp2000-01, Henley Business School, Reading University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.