An Explorative Study on the Market Relation Between Online and Print Newspapers
AbstractA random-sample telephone survey was conducted in Austin, Texas, to investigate the public's response to local, regional, and national newspapers' print and online editions. Print readership was strongest among readers of that same newspaper's online edition. The substantial overlap of online and print readerships for the local daily suggests the potential of a complementary product relation. The print format was preferred-even among Internet users-when compared with the online edition, other things being equal.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Journal of Media Economics.
Volume (Year): 15 (2002)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/HMEC20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Luis Alberto Zuleta J. & Sandra Zuluaga & Alejandro Becerra & Astrid Bermúdez, 2009. "Efectos de la coyuntura y de las tendencias tecnológicas sobre los diarios impresos en Colombia," INFORMES DE INVESTIGACIÃN 009061, FEDESARROLLO.
- Nadine Lindstädt & Oliver Budzinski, 2012.
"Newspaper and Internet Display Advertising – Co-Existence or Substitution?,"
114/12, University of Southern Denmark, Department of Environmental and Business Economics.
- Lindstädt, Nadine & Budzinski, Oliver, 2012. "Newspaper and internet display advertising - co-existence or substitution?," Ilmenau Economics Discussion Papers 74, Ilmenau University of Technology, Institute of Economics.
- Nadine Lindstädt & Oliver Budzinski, 2011.
"Newspaper vs. Online Advertising – Is There a Niche for Newspapers in Modern Advertising Markets?,"
113/11, University of Southern Denmark, Department of Environmental and Business Economics.
- Lindstädt, Nadine & Budzinski, Oliver, 2012. "Newspaper vs. online advertising - Is there a niche for newspapers in modern advertising markets?," Ilmenau Economics Discussion Papers 73, Ilmenau University of Technology, Institute of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.