Reforming Undergraduate Instruction in Russia, Belarus, and Ukraine
AbstractThe authors deal with the restructuring of undergraduate economics instruction at Moscow State University (MSU) since 1989. They examine how closely the reforms at MSU are mirrored by changes at Belarus State University in Minsk and at Kiev State University. They also consider, and often offer an “insider's” perspective on, several issues related to curriculum reform that go beyond what can be determined from published curriculum guides. Specifically, they consider such issues as the training and retraining of faculty members who teach courses in these departments, the use of translated Western textbooks versus locally developed textbooks, and problems that arise in departments where some faculty members teach Western economics but others continue to teach Soviet-style economics.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal The Journal of Economic Education.
Volume (Year): 32 (2001)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/VECE20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alexander Libman & Joachim Zweynert, 2014. "Ceremonial Science: The State of Russian Economics Seen Through the Lens of the Work of ‘Doctor of Science’ Candidates," Working Papers 337, Institut für Ost- und Südosteuropaforschung (Institute for East and South-East European Studies).
- Lokshin, Michael, 2009. "A survey of poverty research in Russia: Does it follow the scientific method?," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 191-212, September.
- Osipian, Ararat, 2004. "Reform of Economic Instruction in the Former Soviet Bloc," MPRA Paper 7589, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Osipian, Ararat, 2004. "Facilitating economic development through the reform of economic instruction," MPRA Paper 8462, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Edward M. Scahill, 2006. "Evaluation of the Training the Trainers Programme. What Did Trainers Know? What Did They Learn?," International Review of Economic Education, Economics Network, University of Bristol, vol. 5(2), pages 9-28.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.