Local generalized method of moments estimation based on kernel weights: An application to panel data
AbstractThis paper presents and applies a local generalized method of moments (LGMM) estimator for regression functions. The method is an extension of previous results obtained by Gozalo and Linton. The LGMM estimation procedure can be applied to estimate a mean regression function and its derivatives at an interior point x , without making explicit assumptions about its functional form. The method has been applied to estimate dynamic models based on panel data.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Journal of Applied Statistics.
Volume (Year): 26 (1999)
Issue (Month): 8 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/CJAS20
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Arellano, Manuel & Bond, Stephen, 1991.
"Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(2), pages 277-97, April.
- Tom Doan, . "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Pedro Gozalo & Oliver Linton, 1994. "Local Nonlinear Least Squares Estimation: Using Parametric Information Nonparametrically," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1075, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Hansen, Lars Peter, 1982. "Large Sample Properties of Generalized Method of Moments Estimators," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 1029-54, July.
- Rosa Bemardini Papalia & Silvia Bertarelli, 2010. "Evaluating Total Factor Productivity Differences by a Mapping Structure in Growth Models," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 33(1), pages 31-59, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.