How IncomeElastic Is The Consumers Demand For Services In Singapore?
AbstractAlthough economic theory indicares that services are income elastic, empirical Evidence on this issue has not been conclusive. Using time series dat from 1965 to 1996 this paper ettempts to test whether consumer's demand for services is income elastic in Singapore. Unlike in other studies,the stationary of the macro economic variables used in this analysis is tested to obtain more reliable estimates. The empirical results show that demand for services is not income elastic in Singapore. [C12, C22]
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal International Economic Journal.
Volume (Year): 16 (2002)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RIEJ20
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Granger, C. W. J. & Newbold, P., 1974. "Spurious regressions in econometrics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 111-120, July.
- Edward E. Leamer, 1979.
"Is it a Demand Curve, or is it a Supply Curve?: Partial Identification Through Inequality Constraints,"
UCLA Economics Working Papers
153, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Leamer, Edward E, 1981. "Is It a Demand Curve, or Is It a Supply Curve? Partial Identification through Inequality Constraints," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 63(3), pages 319-27, August.
- Cheung, Yin-Wong & Lai, Kon S., 1992. "International evidence on output persistence from postwar data," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 435-441, April.
- Johansen, Soren & Juselius, Katarina, 1990. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation and Inference on Cointegration--With Applications to the Demand for Money," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 52(2), pages 169-210, May.
- Bergstrand, Jeffrey H, 1991. "Structural Determinants of Real Exchange Rates and National Price Levels: Some Empirical Evidence," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(1), pages 325-34, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.