Research Universities and Local Economic Development: Lessons from the History of the Johns Hopkins University
AbstractThis article does not have an abstract
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Industry and Innovation.
Volume (Year): 10 (2003)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/CIAI20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Arianna Martinelli & Martin Meyer & Nick Tunzelmann, 2008. "Becoming an entrepreneurial university? A case study of knowledge exchange relationships and faculty attitudes in a medium-sized, research-oriented university," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 33(3), pages 259-283, June.
- Jennifer Clark, 2010. "Coordinating a conscious geography: the role of research centers in multi-scalar innovation policy and economic development in the US and Canada," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 35(5), pages 460-474, October.
- Heike Mayer, 2006. "What is the Role of Universities in High-tech Economic Development? The Case of Portland, Oregon, and Washington, DC," Local Economy, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 21(3), pages 292-315, August.
- Zoltan J. Acs & Pontus Braunerhjelm, 2004.
"The Entrepreneurship-Philanthropy Nexus: Implication for Internationalization,"
Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy
2004-23, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Acs, Zoltan & Braunerhjelm, Pontus, 2005. "The Entrepreneruship-Philanthropy Nexus: Implication for internationalization," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 34, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Fritsch, Michael & Slavtchev, Viktor, 2006.
"Universities and innovation in space,"
Freiberg Working Papers
2006,15, TU Bergakademie Freiberg, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Robert Huggins & Andrew Johnston & Rebecca Steffenson, 2008. "Universities, knowledge networks and regional policy," Cambridge Journal of Regions, Economy and Society, Cambridge Political Economy Society, vol. 1(2), pages 321-340.
- Timothy J. Bartik, 2008.
"The Revitalization of Older Industrial Cities: A Review Essay of Retooling for Growth,"
Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles
08-143, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Timothy J. Bartik, 2009. "The Revitalization of Older Industrial Cities: A Review Essay of "Retooling for Growth"," Growth and Change, Gatton College of Business and Economics, University of Kentucky, vol. 40(1), pages 1-29.
- Timothy J. Bartik, . "The Revitalization of Older Industrial Cities: A Review Essay of 'Retooling for Growth'," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles tjb2009, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Antonio Della Malva & Martin Carree & Enrico Santarelli, 2011. "Universities, Entry and Growth," ERSA conference papers ersa10p554, European Regional Science Association.
- Muscio, Alessandro & Nardone, Gianluca, 2012. "The determinants of university–industry collaboration in food science in Italy," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 710-718.
- Acosta, Manuel & Coronado, Daniel & Martínez, M. Ángeles, 2012. "Spatial differences in the quality of university patenting: Do regions matter?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 692-703.
- Doga Kayalar Erdem & David B. Audretsch, 2004. "Determinants Of Scientist Entrepreneurship: An Integrative Research Agenda," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2004-42, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Antonio Della Malva & Francesco Lissoni & Maria Patrick Llerena, 2010.
"Institutional Change and Academic Patenting: French Universities and the Innovation Act of the 1999,"
KITeS Working Papers
029, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised Jan 2010.
- Antonio Della Malva & Francesco Lissoni & Patrick Llerena, 2008. "Institutional Change and Academic Patenting: French Universities and the Innovation Act of the 1999," Working Papers of BETA 2008-09, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Alexandra Schröter, 2008. "Perspektiven der Innovationspolitik in den neuen Bundesländern," ifo Dresden berichtet, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 15(02), pages 40-52, 04.
- Bradley, Samantha R. & Hayter, Christopher S. & Link, Albert N., 2013. "Models and Methods of University Technology Transfer," Working Papers 13-10, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Department of Economics.
- Timothy J. Bartik & George Erickcek, 2007. "Higher Education, the Health Care Industry, and Metropolitan Regional Economic Development: What Can “Eds & Meds” Do for the Economic Fortunes of a Metro Area’s Residents?," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 08-140, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Lawson, Cornelia, 2014.
"Putting the Region first: Knowledge Transfer at Universities in Greater Manchester,"
Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers
201410, University of Turin.
- Lawson, Cornelia, 2014. "Putting the Region first: Knowledge Transfer at Universities in Greater Manchester," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis LEI & BRICK - Laboratory of Economics of Innovation "Franco Momigliano", Bureau of Research in Innovation, Complexity and Knowledge, Collegio 201403, University of Turin.
- Muscio, Alessandro & Quaglione, Davide & Scarpinato, Michele, 2012. "The effects of universities' proximity to industrial districts on university–industry collaboration," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 639-650.
- Sabine Sedlacek, 2011. "Universities as facilitators of sustainable regional development: The role of knowledge, leadership and governance," ERSA conference papers ersa10p851, European Regional Science Association.
- Junfu Zhang, 2009. "The performance of university spin-offs: an exploratory analysis using venture capital data," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 255-285, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.