Research Universities and Local Economic Development: Lessons from the History of the Johns Hopkins University
AbstractThis article does not have an abstract
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Industry and Innovation.
Volume (Year): 10 (2003)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/CIAI20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sabine Sedlacek, 2011. "Universities as facilitators of sustainable regional development: The role of knowledge, leadership and governance," ERSA conference papers ersa10p851, European Regional Science Association.
- Jennifer Clark, 2010. "Coordinating a conscious geography: the role of research centers in multi-scalar innovation policy and economic development in the US and Canada," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 35(5), pages 460-474, October.
- Michael Fritsch & Viktor Slavtchev, 2007.
"Universities and Innovation in Space,"
Industry and Innovation,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(2), pages 201-218.
- Acosta, Manuel & Coronado, Daniel & Martínez, M. Ángeles, 2012. "Spatial differences in the quality of university patenting: Do regions matter?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 692-703.
- Bradley, Samantha R. & Hayter, Christopher S. & Link, Albert N., 2013. "Models and Methods of University Technology Transfer," Working Papers 13-10, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Department of Economics.
- Alexandra Schröter, 2008. "Perspektiven der Innovationspolitik in den neuen Bundesländern," ifo Dresden berichtet, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 15(02), pages 40-52, 04.
- Robert Huggins & Andrew Johnston & Rebecca Steffenson, 2008. "Universities, knowledge networks and regional policy," Cambridge Journal of Regions, Economy and Society, Cambridge Political Economy Society, vol. 1(2), pages 321-340.
- Timothy J. Bartik & George Erickcek, 2007. "Higher Education, the Health Care Industry, and Metropolitan Regional Economic Development: What Can “Eds & Meds” Do for the Economic Fortunes of a Metro Area’s Residents?," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 08-140, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Heike Mayer, 2006. "What is the Role of Universities in High-tech Economic Development? The Case of Portland, Oregon, and Washington, DC," Local Economy, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 21(3), pages 292-315, August.
- Timothy J. Bartik, 2009.
"The Revitalization of Older Industrial Cities: A Review Essay of "Retooling for Growth","
Growth and Change,
Gatton College of Business and Economics, University of Kentucky, vol. 40(1), pages 1-29.
- Timothy J. Bartik, 2008. "The Revitalization of Older Industrial Cities: A Review Essay of Retooling for Growth," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 08-143, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Timothy J. Bartik, . "The Revitalization of Older Industrial Cities: A Review Essay of 'Retooling for Growth'," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles tjb2009, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Antonio Della Malva & Martin Carree & Enrico Santarelli, 2011. "Universities, Entry and Growth," ERSA conference papers ersa10p554, European Regional Science Association.
- Antonio Della Malva & Francesco Lissoni & Patrick Llerena, 2008.
"Institutional Change and Academic Patenting: French Universities and the Innovation Act of the 1999,"
Working Papers of BETA
2008-09, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Antonio Della Malva & Francesco Lissoni & Maria Patrick Llerena, 2010. "Institutional Change and Academic Patenting: French Universities and the Innovation Act of the 1999," KITeS Working Papers 029, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised Jan 2010.
- Muscio, Alessandro & Nardone, Gianluca, 2012. "The determinants of university–industry collaboration in food science in Italy," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 710-718.
- Zoltan J. Acs & Pontus Braunerhjelm, 2004.
"The Entrepreneurship-Philanthropy Nexus: Implication for Internationalization,"
Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy
2004-23, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Acs, Zoltan & Braunerhjelm, Pontus, 2005. "The Entrepreneruship-Philanthropy Nexus: Implication for internationalization," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 34, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Doga Kayalar Erdem & David B. Audretsch, 2004. "Determinants Of Scientist Entrepreneurship: An Integrative Research Agenda," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2004-42, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Arianna Martinelli & Martin Meyer & Nick Tunzelmann, 2008. "Becoming an entrepreneurial university? A case study of knowledge exchange relationships and faculty attitudes in a medium-sized, research-oriented university," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 33(3), pages 259-283, June.
- Muscio, Alessandro & Quaglione, Davide & Scarpinato, Michele, 2012. "The effects of universities' proximity to industrial districts on university–industry collaboration," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 639-650.
- Junfu Zhang, 2009. "The performance of university spin-offs: an exploratory analysis using venture capital data," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 255-285, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.