The Advent of Copulas in Finance
AbstractThe authors provide bibliometric evidence to illustrate the development of copula theory in mathematics, statistics, actuarial science and finance. They identify the main contributors to the field, and the most important areas of application in finance. They also describe some of the remaining methodological challenges.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal The European Journal of Finance.
Volume (Year): 15 (2009)
Issue (Month): 7-8 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/REJF20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cees Diks & Valentyn Panchenko & Dick van Dijk, 2008.
"Out-of-sample Comparison of Copula Specifications in Multivariate Density Forecasts,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
08-105/4, Tinbergen Institute.
- Diks, Cees & Panchenko, Valentyn & van Dijk, Dick, 2010. "Out-of-sample comparison of copula specifications in multivariate density forecasts," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 34(9), pages 1596-1609, September.
- Cees Diks & Valentyn Panchenko & Dick van Dijk, 2008. "Out-of-sample comparison of copula specifications in multivariate density forecasts," Discussion Papers 2008-23, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- Diks, C.G.H. & Dijk, D. van & Panchenko, V., 2008. "Out-of-sample comparison of copula specifications in multivariate density forecasts," CeNDEF Working Papers 08-10, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance.
- Katarzyna Bień-Barkowska, 2012. "A Bivariate Copula-based Model for a Mixed Binary-Continuous Distribution: A Time Series Approach," Central European Journal of Economic Modelling and Econometrics, CEJEME, vol. 4(2), pages 117-142, June.
- Balkema, A.A. & Embrechts, P. & Nolde, N., 2010. "Meta densities and the shape of their sample clouds," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(7), pages 1738-1754, August.
- Qu, Leming & Yin, Wotao, 2012. "Copula density estimation by total variation penalized likelihood with linear equality constraints," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 384-398.
- Tong, Bin & Wu, Chongfeng & Zhou, Chunyang, 2013. "Modeling the co-movements between crude oil and refined petroleum markets," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 882-897.
- Thorsten Dickhaus & Jakob Gierl, 2012. "Simultaneous test procedures in terms of p-value copulae," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2012-049, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Diers, Dorothea & Eling, Martin & Marek, Sebastian D., 2012. "Dependence modeling in non-life insurance using the Bernstein copula," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 430-436.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.