Financial reporting on the Internet by leading UK companies
AbstractThis paper examines the extent of financial information disclosure on the Internet by the largest companies in the UK in 1998. Companies were surveyed to establish whether they had a website and if so whether financial information was available. We also investigated whether that information was in summary form or whether the full annual report was available. This study finds a statistically significant positive relationship between the size of a company and the use and extent of disclosure on the Internet. There was no significant association between industry type and disclosure.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal European Accounting Review.
Volume (Year): 8 (1999)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/REAR20
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- A Giner Inchausti, 1997. "The influence of company characteristics and accounting regulation on information disclosed by Spanish firms," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(1), pages 45-68.
- Bruno Oxibar, 2002. "La Diffusion D'Informations Financieres , Sur Les Sites Internet Des Societes Cotees : Evaluation Des Positions De La Cob," Post-Print halshs-00584517, HAL.
- Sarra Elleuch Hamza & Mouna Ben Ahmed Hedrich, 2008. "Les déterminants de la divulgation des informations financières via Internet adoptée par les entreprises tunisiennes : une démarche qualitative et quantitative," Post-Print halshs-00524888, HAL.
- Turel, Asli, 2010. "The Expectation Gap in Internet Financial Reporting: Evidence from an Emerging Capital Market," MPRA Paper 29800, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ivica Pervan, 2005. "Financial reporting on the internet and the practice of croatian joint stock companies quoted on the stock exchanges," Financial Theory and Practice, Institute of Public Finance, vol. 29(2), pages 159-174.
- Bruno Oxibar, 2010. "Communication Financiere Sur Les Sites Internet Des Groupes Cotes Francais," Post-Print hal-00479489, HAL.
- Dutta, Probal & Bose, Sudipta, 2007. "Web-based Corporate Reporting in Bangladesh:An Exploratory Study," MPRA Paper 7915, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ivica Pervan, 2006. "Voluntary financial reporting on the internet – analysis of the practice of Croatian and Slovene listed joint stock companies," Financial Theory and Practice, Institute of Public Finance, vol. 30(1), pages 1-27.
- Bogdan Victoria & Platon Judit & Popa Dorina Nicoleta, 2011. "Intellectual Capital Reporting And Disclosure In The Annual Reports Of Romanian Manufacturing Listed Companies Â€" Methodology And Discussion Of Results," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1(2), pages 466-476, December.
- Geerlings,Jorn & Bollen,Laury & Hassink,Harold, 2002. "Investor Relations on the Internet: A Survey of the Euronext Zone," Research Memorandum 085, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.