The relationship between accounting and taxation in Poland
AbstractThe first version of this paper was based on accounting regulations promulgated in 1991, whereas the final version has taken into account the Accounting Act passed by Parliament in 1994. It makes a distinction between accounting for general purpose and accounting for income tax authorities. In consequence, the emphasis has been placed on highlighting the fundamental change in the relation between accounting and taxation which has been taking place in Poland as a result of: the first stage of transition to market economy in 1991-1994 and the radical change since 1995, which makes accounting tax independent. The introduction to the main body of the paper is provided by a presentation of the historical background, with special emphasis on an entirely different relationship between accounting and taxation under the centrally-planned economy.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal European Accounting Review.
Volume (Year): 5 (1996)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/REAR20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Malcolm Anderson, 1998. "Accounting History Publications, 1995/6," Accounting History Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(1), pages 105-124.
- Margaret Lamb & Andrew Lymer, 1999. "Taxation research in an accounting context: future prospects and interdisciplinary perspectives," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(4), pages 749-776.
- ElÅ¼bieta WysÅ‚ocka, 2008. "Harmonization And Standardization Of The Accounting And Its Functions," Annales Universitatis Apulensis Series Oeconomica, Faculty of Sciences, "1 Decembrie 1918" University, Alba Iulia, vol. 1(10), pages 15.
- Craner, John & Krzywda, Danuta & Novotny, Jiri & Schroeder, Marek, 2000. "The Determination of a Group for Accounting Purposes in the UK, Poland, and the Czech Republic in a Supranational Context," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 355-397, 09.
- Katarzyna Kosmala MacLullich, 2001. "Truth and Fairness in Accounting: A Case of Polish Transition Economy," CERT Discussion Papers 0102, Centre for Economic Reform and Transformation, Heriot Watt University.
- Marek Schroeder, 1999. "A description of the contents of the long-form statutory audit reports of a sample of Polish listed companies for 1996," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(1), pages 115-137.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.