Representation of Cointegrated Autoregressive Processes with Application to Fractional Processes
AbstractWe analyze vector autoregressive processes using the matrix valued characteristic polynomial. The purpose of this article is to give a survey of the mathematical results on inversion of a matrix polynomial in case there are unstable roots, to study integrated and cointegrated processes. The new results are in the I(2) representation, which contains explicit formulas for the first two terms and a useful property of the third. We define a new error correction model for fractional processes and derive a representation of the solution.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Econometric Reviews.
Volume (Year): 28 (2009)
Issue (Month): 1-3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/LECR20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Franchi, Massimo & Paruolo, Paolo, 2011. "A characterization of vector autoregressive processes with common cyclical features," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 163(1), pages 105-117, July.
- de Truchis, Gilles, 2013.
"Approximate Whittle analysis of fractional cointegration and the stock market synchronization issue,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 98-105.
- Gilles De Truchis, 2012. "Approximate Whittle Analysis of Fractional Cointegration and the Stock Market Synchronization Issue," Working Papers halshs-00793220, HAL.
- Gilles de Truchis, 2012. "Approximate Whittle Analysis of Fractional Cointegration and the Stock Market Synchronization Issue," AMSE Working Papers 1220, Aix-Marseille School of Economics, Marseille, France.
- Federico Carlini & Katarzyna Lasak, 2014. "On an Estimation Method for an Alternative Fractionally Cointegrated Model," CREATES Research Papers 2014-15, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Massimo Franchi & Paolo Paruolo, 2012.
"On ABCs (and Ds) of VAR representations of DSGE models,"
DSS Empirical Economics and Econometrics Working Papers Series
2012/4, Centre for Empirical Economics and Econometrics, Department of Statistics, "Sapienza" University of Rome.
- Massimo Franchi & Paolo Paruolo, 2012. "On ABCs (and Ds) of VAR representations of DSGE models," Working Paper Series 56_12, The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis, revised Aug 2012.
- Johansen, Søren & Juselius, Katarina, 2014. "An asymptotic invariance property of the common trends under linear transformations of the data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 178(P2), pages 310-315.
- Tim Bollerslev & Daniela Osterrieder & Natalia Sizova & George Tauchen, 2011. "Risk and Return: Long-Run Relationships, Fractional Cointegration, and Return Predictability," CREATES Research Papers 2011-51, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.