Double Length Artificial Regressions For Testing Spatial Dependence
AbstractThis paper derives two simple artificial Double Length Regressions (DLR) to test for spatial dependence. The first DLR tests for spatial lag dependence while the second DLR tests for spatial error dependence. Both artificial regressions utilize only least squares residuals of the restricted model and are therefore easy to compute. These tests are illustrated using two simple examples. In addition, Monte Carlo experiments are performed to study the small sample performance of these tests. As expected, these DLR tests have similar performance to their corresponding LM counterparts.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Econometric Reviews.
Volume (Year): 20 (2001)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/LECR20
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
- R15 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Econometric and Input-Output Models; Other Methods
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Simlai, Prodosh, 2014. "Estimation of variance of housing prices using spatial conditional heteroskedasticity (SARCH) model with an application to Boston housing price data," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 17-30.
- Kapoor, Mudit & Kelejian, Harry H. & Prucha, Ingmar R., 2007. "Panel data models with spatially correlated error components," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 140(1), pages 97-130, September.
- Robin Pope, 2009. "Risk starvation contributes to dementias and depressions: Whiffs of danger are the antidote," Bonn Econ Discussion Papers bgse28_2009, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Anselin, Luc, 2002. "Under the hood : Issues in the specification and interpretation of spatial regression models," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 27(3), pages 247-267, November.
- Badi H. Baltagi & Long Liu, 2012.
"Testing for Spatial Lag and Spatial Error Dependence Using Double Length Artificial Regressions,"
Center for Policy Research Working Papers
147, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Badi Baltagi & Long Liu, 2014. "Testing for spatial lag and spatial error dependence using double length artificial regressions," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 55(2), pages 477-486, May.
- Kelejian, Harry H. & Prucha, Ingmar R., 2007. "HAC estimation in a spatial framework," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 140(1), pages 131-154, September.
- Keller, Wolfgang & Shiue, Carol H., 2007.
"The origin of spatial interaction,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 140(1), pages 304-332, September.
- Joachim Möller, 2009. "Regional variations in the price of building land: a spatial econometrics approach for West Germany," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 43(1), pages 113-132, March.
- Benjamin Born & Jörg Breitung, 2011.
"Simple regression‐based tests for spatial dependence,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 14(2), pages 330-342, 07.
- Benjamin Born & Jörg Breitung, 2009. "Simple Regression Based Tests for Spatial Dependence," Bonn Econ Discussion Papers bgse23_2009, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Joachim Möller & Alisher Aldashev, 2006. "Interregional differences in labor market participation," Jahrbuch für Regionalwissenschaft, Springer, vol. 26(1), pages 25-50, March.
- Kelejian, Harry H. & Prucha, Ingmar R., 2004. "Estimation of simultaneous systems of spatially interrelated cross sectional equations," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 118(1-2), pages 27-50.
- Harry H. Kelejian & Ingmar R. Prucha, 2008. "Specification and Estimation of Spatial Autoregressive Models with Autoregressive and Heteroskedastic Disturbances," CESifo Working Paper Series 2448, CESifo Group Munich.
- Le, Canh Quang & Li, Dong, 2008. "Double-Length Regression tests for testing functional forms and spatial error dependence," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 101(3), pages 253-257, December.
- Kelejian, Harry H. & Prucha, Ingmar R., 2010. "Specification and estimation of spatial autoregressive models with autoregressive and heteroskedastic disturbances," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 157(1), pages 53-67, July.
- Mur, Jesús & Angulo, Ana, 2009. "Model selection strategies in a spatial setting: Some additional results," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 200-213, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.