Testing normalization and overidentification of cointegrating vectors in vector autoregressive processes
AbstractThis paper develops test procedures for testing the validity of general linear identifying restrictions imposed on cointegrating vectors in the context of a vector autoregressive model. In addition to overidentifying restrictions the considered restrictions may also involve normalizing restrictions. Tests for both types of restrictions are developed and their asymptotic properties are obtained. Under the null hypothesis tests for normalizing restrictions have an asymptotic "multivariate unit root distribution", similar to that obtained for the likelihood ratio test for cointegration, while tests for overidentifying restrictions have a standard chi-square limiting distribution. Since these two types of tests are asymptotically independent they are easy to cotnbine to an overall test for the spccifed identifying restrictions. An overall test of this kind can consistently reveal the failure of the identifying restrictions in a wider class of cases than previous tests which only test for overidentifying restrictions.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Econometric Reviews.
Volume (Year): 18 (1999)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/LECR20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jörg Breitung, 2002.
"A parametric approach to the estimation of cointegration vectors in panel data,"
10th International Conference on Panel Data, Berlin, July 5-6, 2002
B5-4, International Conferences on Panel Data.
- Jorg Breitung, 2005. "A Parametric approach to the Estimation of Cointegration Vectors in Panel Data," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(2), pages 151-173.
- Breitung, Jörg, 2002. "A parametric approach to the estimation of cointegration vectors in panel data," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 2002,3, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Kleibergen, F.R. & Paap, R., 2003.
"Generalized Reduced Rank Tests using the Singular Value Decomposition,"
Econometric Institute Research Papers
EI 2003-01, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Kleibergen, Frank & Paap, Richard, 2006. "Generalized reduced rank tests using the singular value decomposition," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 133(1), pages 97-126, July.
- Frank Kleibergen & Richard Paap, 2003. "Generalized Reduced Rank Tests using the Singular Value Decomposition," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 03-003/4, Tinbergen Institute.
- Richard Paap & Frank Kleibergen, 2004. "Generalized Reduced Rank Tests using the Singular Value Decomposition," Econometric Society 2004 Australasian Meetings 195, Econometric Society.
- Paruolo Paolo, 2004.
"The likelihood ratio test for the rank of a cointegration submatrix,"
Economics and Quantitative Methods
qf04024, Department of Economics, University of Insubria.
- Paolo Paruolo, 2006. "The Likelihood Ratio Test for the Rank of a Cointegration Submatrix," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 68(s1), pages 921-948, December.
- Karaman Örsal, Deniz Dilan & Droge, Bernd, 2014.
"Panel cointegration testing in the presence of a time trend,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 377-390.
- Bernd Droge & Deniz Dilan Karaman Örsal, 2009. "Panel Cointegration Testing in the Presence of a Time Trend," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2009-005, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.