A Generalized Input-Output Multiplier Calculus for Australia
AbstractA static, generalized input-output framework for calculating simple multipliers is presented for Australian data. In this framework, capital investment and imports are internalized into domestic inter-industrial intermediate demand, non-square matrices are introduced in order to enable the inclusion of finer detail commodity data, and matrices in both monetary and physical units are employed. A range of labour and energy multipliers are calculated, referring to total output, final demand, final consumption, basic values, producers' prices, purchasers' prices, commodities and industries. Uncertainties of multipliers are assessed in detail, using Monte Carlo simulations.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Economic Systems Research.
Volume (Year): 13 (2001)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/CESR20
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kurt Kratena & Stefan Schleicher, 1999. "Impact of Carbon Dioxide Emissions Reduction on the Austrian Economy," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(3), pages 245-261.
- Lahiri, Sajal & Satchell, Steve, 1985. "Underestimation and overestimation of the Leontief inverse revisited," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 18(2-3), pages 181-186.
- Casler, Stephen & Wilbur, Suzanne, 1984. "Energy input-output analysis : A simple guide," Resources and Energy, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 187-201, June.
- Mette Wier, 1998. "Sources of Changes in Emissions from Energy: A Structural Decomposition Analysis," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(2), pages 99-112.
- Lenzen, Manfred, 1998. "Primary energy and greenhouse gases embodied in Australian final consumption: an input-output analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 495-506, May.
- Wilson, Bruce & Trieu, Luan Ho & Bowen, Bruce, 1994. "Energy efficiency trends in Australia," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 287-295, April.
- Jackson, Randall W., 1989. "Probabilistic input-output analysis: Modeling directions," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 23(1-2), pages 87-95.
- Gibbons, Joel C. & Wolsky, Alan M. & Tolley, George, 1982. "Approximate aggregation and error in input-output models," Resources and Energy, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 203-230, September.
- Osmo Forssell & Karen Polenske, 1998. "Introduction: Input-Output and the Environment," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(2), pages 91-97.
- Raa, M.H. ten & Steel, M.F.J., 1994.
"Revised stochastic analysis of an input-output model,"
Open Access publications from Tilburg University
urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-381938, Tilburg University.
- ten Raa, Thijs & Steel, Mark F. J., 1994. "Revised stochastic analysis of an input-output model," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 361-371, June.
- Bullard, Clark W, III & Sebald, Anthony V, 1977. "Effects of Parametric Uncertainty and Technological Change on Input-Output Models," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 59(1), pages 75-81, February.
- Karunaratne, Neil Dias, 1981. "An input-output analysis of Australian energy planning issues," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 159-168, July.
- Bicknell, Kathryn B. & Ball, Richard J. & Cullen, Ross & Bigsby, Hugh R., 1998. "New methodology for the ecological footprint with an application to the New Zealand economy," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 149-160, November.
- Bullard, Clark W & Sebald, Anthony V, 1988. "Monte Carlo Sensitivity Analysis of Input-Output Models," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 70(4), pages 708-12, November.
- Common, M. S. & Salma, U., 1992. "Accounting for changes in Australian carbon dioxide emissions," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 217-225, July.
- Christoph Weber & Hermann Schnabl, 1998. "Environmentally Important Inter sectoral Flows: Insights from Main Contributions Identification and Minimal Flow Analysis," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(4), pages 337-356.
- Wyckoff, Andrew W. & Roop, Joseph M., 1994. "The embodiment of carbon in imports of manufactured products : Implications for international agreements on greenhouse gas emissions," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 187-194, March.
- Lahiri, Sajal, 1983. "A note on the underestimation and overestimation in stochastic input-output models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 361-366.
- Chapman, P. F., 1974. "1. Energy costs: a review of methods," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 91-103, June.
- FlAm, Sjur D. & Thorlund-Petersen, Lars, 1985. "Underestimation in the Leontief model," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 18(2-3), pages 171-174.
- Abu Reza Md. Shariful Islam & Morison, J.B., 1992. "Sectoral Changes in Energy Use in Australia: An Input-Output Analysis," Economic Analysis and Policy (EAP), Queensland University of Technology (QUT), School of Economics and Finance, vol. 22(2), pages 161-175.
- West, G R, 1982. "Sensitivity and Key Sector Analysis in Input-Output Models," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(39), pages 365-78, December.
- West, Guy R, 1986. "A Stochastic Analysis of an Input-Output Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(2), pages 363-74, March.
- Bullard, Clark W. & Herendeen, Robert A., 1975. "The energy cost of goods and services," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 268-278, December.
- Harry Wilting & Wouter Biesiot & Henri Moll, 1999. "Analyzing Potentials for Reducing the Energy Requirement of Households in The Netherlands," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(3), pages 233-244.
- Leontief, Wassily, 1970. "Environmental Repercussions and the Economic Structure: An Input-Output Approach," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 52(3), pages 262-71, August.
- Simonovits, A, 1975. "A Note on the Underestimation and Overestimation of the Leontief Inverse," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 43(3), pages 493-98, May.
- Bullard, Clark W. & Penner, Peter S. & Pilati, David A., 1978. "Net energy analysis : Handbook for combining process and input-output analysis," Resources and Energy, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 267-313, November.
- Butnar, Isabela & Llop Llop, Maria, 2006.
"Composition of Greenhouse Gas Emissions in Spain: an Input-Output Analysis,"
2072/1750, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Butnar, Isabela & Llop, Maria, 2007. "Composition of greenhouse gas emissions in Spain: An input-output analysis," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2-3), pages 388-395, March.
- Cohen, Claude & Lenzen, Manfred & Schaeffer, Roberto, 2005. "Energy requirements of households in Brazil," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 555-562, March.
- Li, You & Hewitt, C.N., 2008. "The effect of trade between China and the UK on national and global carbon dioxide emissions," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 1907-1914, June.
- Lenzen, Manfred & Wachsmann, Ulrike, 2004. "Wind turbines in Brazil and Germany: an example of geographical variability in life-cycle assessment," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 77(2), pages 119-130, February.
- Wood, Richard & Lenzen, Manfred & Dey, Christopher & Lundie, Sven, 2006. "A comparative study of some environmental impacts of conventional and organic farming in Australia," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 89(2-3), pages 324-348, September.
- Llop Llop, Maria & Ponce Alifonso, Xavier, 2014. "Identifying the Role of Final Consumption in Structural Path Analysis: An Application to Water Uses," Working Papers 2072/237598, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Wiedenhofer, Dominik & Lenzen, Manfred & Steinberger, Julia K., 2013. "Energy requirements of consumption: Urban form, climatic and socio-economic factors, rebounds and their policy implications," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 696-707.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.