Motivation Models of Australia's Bilateral Aid Program: The Case of Indonesia
AbstractThis paper is concerned with the question: what motivates Australia's provision of overseas aid to Indonesia? The econometric results on time series data obtained by testing a recipient need and a donor interest model suggest both these concerns are relevant to Australian aid decisons on Indonesia To determine which model dominates, non-nested tests were conducted; these indicated acceptance of the recipient need model and rejection of the donor interest model. Thus Australia's aid to Indonesia was found to be determined by recipient need rather than donor interest.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Bulletin of Indonesian Economic Studies.
Volume (Year): 33 (1997)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/CBIE20
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Godfrey, L. G. & Pesaran, M. H., 1983. "Tests of non-nested regression models: Small sample adjustments and Monte Carlo evidence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 133-154, January.
- Feder, Gershon, 1983. "On exports and economic growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1-2), pages 59-73.
- Maizels, Alfred & Nissanke, Machiko K., 1984. "Motivations for aid to developing countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 12(9), pages 879-900, September.
- Pesaran, M. H., 1982. "On the comprehensive method of testing non-nested regression models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 263-274, February.
- McGillivray, Mark & Oczkowski, Edward, 1991. "Modelling the Allocation of Australian Bilateral Aid: A Two-Part Sample Selection Approach," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 67(197), pages 147-52, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.