Purchasing power parity revisited: evidence from old and new tests for an organisation for economic co-operation and development panel
AbstractThe objective of this article is to study long-run Purchasing Power Parity (PPP) for a panel of 21 Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) countries from the end of the Bretton Woods era by applying a wide range of the econometric techniques available. This will allow us to present a comprehensive up to date examination of the empirical validity of PPP, covering the weak and strong versions of the hypothesis with individual and panel analysis, including the absence or presence of cross-dependency, the linear or nonlinear behaviour of the real exchange rates and the degree of persistence. Overall, the results provide evidence in favour of PPP.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics.
Volume (Year): 42 (2010)
Issue (Month): 17 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hanushek, Eric A. & Woessmann, Ludger & Zhang, Lei, 2011.
"General Education, Vocational Education, and Labor-Market Outcomes over the Life-Cycle,"
IZA Discussion Papers
6083, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Eric A. Hanushek & Ludger Woessmann & Lei Zhang, 2011. "General Education, Vocational Education, and Labor-Market Outcomes over the Life-Cycle," CESifo Working Paper Series 3614, CESifo Group Munich.
- Wößmann, Ludger & Hanushek, Eric A. & Zhang, Lei, 2012. "General Education, Vocational Education, and Labor-Market Outcomes over the Life-Cycle," Annual Conference 2012 (Goettingen): New Approaches and Challenges for the Labor Market of the 21st Century 62070, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Eric A. Hanushek & Ludger Woessmann & Lei Zhang, 2011. "General Education, Vocational Education, and Labor-Market Outcomes over the Life-Cycle," NBER Working Papers 17504, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bank for International Settlements, 2011. "The influence of external factors on monetary policy frameworks and operations," BIS Papers, Bank for International Settlements, number 57, May.
- Wiberg, Magnus, 2011. "The Comparative Political Economy of Economic Geography," Research Papers in Economics 2011:21, Stockholm University, Department of Economics.
- Klaus Nowotny, 2011.
"Welfare Magnets, Taxation and the Location Decisions of Migrants to the EU,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa11p133, European Regional Science Association.
- Klaus Nowotny, 2011. "Welfare Magnets, Taxation and the Location Decisions of Migrants to the EU," WIFO Working Papers 393, WIFO.
- Mahir Binici & Mehmet Yörükoglu, 2011. "Capital flows in the post-global financial crisis era: implications for financial stability and monetary policy," BIS Papers chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Capital flows, commodity price movements and foreign exchange intervention, volume 57, pages 319-343 Bank for International Settlements.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.