On the simultaneous elimination of export subsidies under oligopoly
AbstractThis article extends the model of Brander and Spencer (1985) to study whether the simultaneous elimination of export subsidies is feasible. It is shown that the incentive for subsidizing exports to reoccur will exist when all subsidizing countries are forced to withdraw their subsidies on exports simultaneously.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics.
Volume (Year): 41 (2009)
Issue (Month): 5 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dixit, Avinash, 1988. "Anti-dumping and countervailing duties under oligopoly," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 55-68, January.
- Yu-Ter Wang, 2004. "Countervailing Duties, Foreign Export Subsidies and Import Tariffs," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 55(2), pages 153-161.
- Collie, D., 1990.
"Export Subsidies And Countervailing Tariffs,"
The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS)
353, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Yu-Ter Wang, 2006. "Product differentiation and the export subsidy dispute," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(14), pages 943-945.
- Brander, James A. & Spencer, Barbara J., 1985.
"Export subsidies and international market share rivalry,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 18(1-2), pages 83-100, February.
- James A. Brander & Barbara J. Spencer, 1984. "Export Subsidies and International Market Share Rivalry," NBER Working Papers 1464, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Miller, Nolan H. & Pazgal, Amit, 2005. "Strategic trade and delegated competition," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 215-231, May.
- Bulow, Jeremy I & Geanakoplos, John D & Klemperer, Paul D, 1985. "Multimarket Oligopoly: Strategic Substitutes and Complements," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(3), pages 488-511, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.