Foreign direct investment and endogenous growth in Vietnam
AbstractForegin Direct Investment's (FDI's) contribution to growth has been a controversial topic in economic literature and appears to be country specific. In this article, we use time-varying coefficients in an augmented production function and let FDI indirectly affect Gross domestic product growth through labour productivity. This approach creates built-in heteroskedasticity, so the feasible generalized least square estimation is employed. The results show that FDI has significant and positive effect on labour productivity and economic growth in Vietnam, but the effect is not equally distributed among economic sectors.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics.
Volume (Year): 40 (2008)
Issue (Month): 9 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gueorguiev, Dimitar & Malesky, Edmund, 2012. "Foreign investment and bribery: A firm-level analysis of corruption in Vietnam," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 111-129.
- Noy, Ilan & Vu, Tam Bang, 2010.
"The economics of natural disasters in a developing country: The case of Vietnam,"
Journal of Asian Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 345-354, August.
- Ilan Noy & Tam Bang Vu, 2009. "The Economics of Natural Disasters in a Developing Country: The Case of Vietnam," Working Papers 200903, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Stanislav Ivanov & Craig Webster, 2010. "Decomposition of economic growth in Bulgaria by industry," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 37(2), pages 219-227, May.
- Temiz, Dilek & Gökmen, Aytaç, 2014. "FDI inflow as an international business operation by MNCs and economic growth: An empirical study on Turkey," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 145-154.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.