Price transmission and market integration: vertical and horizontal price linkages for salmon
AbstractRelationships between prices are of interest when testing for market integration as well as analyses of supply chains. A feature that has received little attention is that if two supply chains are linked by market integration at some stage, then the whole supply chain will be linked. Furthermore, the leading price in such a system can be in one supply chain and will not be revealed in market integration studies or analysis of a single supply chain. An empirical analysis is provided for the supply chains for salmon which originates in Norway and the United Kingdom and is then sold at retail level in France as smoked salmon. We find a high degree of price transmission in both supply chains, as well as integrated markets.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics.
Volume (Year): 39 (2007)
Issue (Month): 19 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cudjoe, Godsway & Breisinger, Clemens & Diao, Xinshen, 2008.
"Local impacts of a global crisis: Food price transmission and poverty impacts in Ghana,"
IFPRI discussion papers
842, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Cudjoe, Godsway & Breisinger, Clemens & Diao, Xinshen, 2009. "Local Impacts of a Global Crisis - Food Price Transmission and Poverty Impacts in Ghana," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51089, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Asche, Frank & Roll, Kristin H. & Tveteras, Ragnar, 2007. "Productivity Growth in the Supply Chainâ€”Another Source of Competitiveness for Aquaculture," Marine Resource Economics, Marine Resources Foundation, vol. 22(3).
- Cudjoe, Godsway & Breisinger, Clemens & Diao, Xinshen, 2010. "Local impacts of a global crisis: Food price transmission, consumer welfare and poverty in Ghana," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 294-302, August.
- repec:ags:mareec:133346 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.