Macroeconomic Impacts on Bulgarian Agriculture during Transition
AbstractAn unstable and erratic macroeconomy in an economy in transition might be expected to affect agricultural performance. This is tested for Bulgaria between 1992 and 1997 using impulse response functions from a vector autoregressive (VAR) model. Despite data limitations, it is found that shocks to the foreign exchange rate and interest rate feed into farm prices and agricultural exports but equilibrium will be re-established within 5 years. Agricultural policies may not be sufficient to counteract the wider macroeconomic forces.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor and Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics.
Volume (Year): 35 (2003)
Issue (Month): 7 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/routledge/00036846.html
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bakucs, Lajos Zoltan & Ferto, Imre, 2009. "Monetary Impacts and Overshooting of Agricultural Prices in a Transition Economy: The Case of Hungary," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51798, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Bakucs, Lajos Zoltan & Ferto, Imre, 2005. "The Influence of Macroeconomic Variables on the Hungarian Agriculture," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19232, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Bakucs, Lajos Zoltan & Bojnec, Stefan & Ferto, Imre, 2007.
"Monetary Impacts and Overshooting of Agricultural Prices in a Transition Economy: The Case of Slovenia,"
103rd Seminar, April 23-25, 2007, Barcelona, Spain
9422, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Bakucs, Lajos Zoltan & Bojnec, Stefan & Ferto, Imre, 2006. "Monetary Impacts and Overshooting of Agricultural Prices in a Transition Economy: The Case of Slovenia," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25515, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Bakucs, Lajos Zoltan & Ferto, Imre, 2005. "Monetary Impacts and Overshooting of Agricultural Prices in a Transition Economy," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24711, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.