Financial integration and the ASEAN-5 equity markets
AbstractThe existence of long-run relationships among the ASEAN-5 equity markets is empirically investigated. This study utilized weekly data spanning January 1988 to August 1999. The results of Granger noncausality test due to Toda and Yamamoto (Journal of Econometrics,66, 225-50, 1995) reveal that the Singapore equity market was not affected by other markets except by the Philippines in the long run. This result shows that there exist opportunities for beneficial international portfolio diversification within the context of the Asean-5 equity markets.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics.
Volume (Year): 34 (2002)
Issue (Month): 18 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lucey, Brian M. & Muckley, Cal, 2011.
"Robust global stock market interdependencies,"
International Review of Financial Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 215-224, August.
- Brian M Lucey & Cal Muckley, 2011. "Robust Global Stock Market Interdependencies," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp353, IIIS.
- Royfaizal, R. C & Lee, C & Mohamed, Azali, 2007. "Asean-5+3 And Us Stock Markets Interdependence Before, During And After Asian Financial Crisis," MPRA Paper 10263, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Abdul Karim, Bakri & Abdul Majid, M. Shabri & Abdul Karim, Samsul Ariffin, 2009. "Financial Integration between Indonesia and Its Major Trading Partners," MPRA Paper 17277, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bakri Abdul Karim & Nor Akila Mohd. Kassim & Mohammad Affendy Arip, 2010. "The subprime crisis and Islamic stock markets integration," International Journal of Islamic and Middle Eastern Finance and Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 3(4), pages 363-371, November.
- Hwahsin Cheng & John Glascock, 2005. "Dynamic Linkages Between the Greater China Economic Area Stock Markets—Mainland China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 24(4), pages 343-357, June.
- Ian Babetskii & Luboš Komárek & Zlatuše Komárková, 2007.
"Financial Integration of Stock Markets among New EU Member States and the Euro Area,"
Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver),
Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 57(7-8), pages 341-362, September.
- Ian Babetskii & Lubos Komarek & Zlatuse Komarkova, 2007. "Financial Integration of Stock Markets among New EU Member States and the Euro Area," Working Papers 2007/7, Czech National Bank, Research Department.
- Babecký, Jan & Komárek, Luboš & Komárková, Zlatuše, 2008. "Financial Integration of Stock Markets among New EU Member States and the Euro Area," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 849, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Swee-Ling Oh & Evan Lau & Chin-Hong Puah & Shazali Abu Mansor, 2010.
"Volatility Co-Movement of Asean-5 Equity Markets,"
Journal of Advanced Studies in Finance,
ASERS Publishing, vol. 0(1), pages 23-30, June.
- Abdul Karim, Zulkefly & Abdul Karim, Bakri, 2008. "Stock market integration: Malaysia and its major trading partners," MPRA Paper 26976, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jun 2009.
- Babeckii, Ian & Komárek, Luboš & Komárková, Zlatuše, 2012. "Integration of Chinese and Russian stock markets with world markets: National and sectoral perspectives," BOFIT Discussion Papers 4/2012, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Ardliansyah, Rifqi, 2012. "Stock Market Integration and International Portfolio Diversification between U.S. and ASEAN Equity Markets," MPRA Paper 41958, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.