A note on Heckman-type corrections in models for zero expenditures
AbstractIn Heien and Wessells (1990), a two-step estimation procedure, that makes use of Heckman-type corrections, is proposed to estimate consumption on household budget surveys. It is shown that this approach, which draws from switching regressions models, leads to inconsistent estimates.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics.
Volume (Year): 33 (2001)
Issue (Month): 9 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20
Other versions of this item:
- Vermeulen, F.M.P., 2001. "A note on Heckman-type corrections in models for zero expenditures," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-3106945, Tilburg University.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gould, Brian W. & Lee, Yoonjung & Dong, Diansheng & Villarreal, Hector J., 2002. "Household Size And Composition Impacts On Meat Demand In Mexico: A Censored Demand System Approach," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19722, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Zhuo Chen & Steven Yen, 2005. "On bias correction in the multivariate sample-selection model," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(21), pages 2459-2468.
- Vassilopoulos, Achilleas & Klonaris, Stathis & Drichoutis, Andreas C. & Lazaridis, Panagiotis, 2012. "Modeling quality demand with data from Household Budget Surveys: An application to meat and fish products in Greece," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 2744-2750.
- Harald Tauchmann, 2006. "A Note on Consistency of Heckman-type two-step Estimators for the Multivariate Sample-Selection Model," RWI Discussion Papers 0040, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung.
- Rémy Lambert & Bruno Larue & Clément Yélou & George Criner, 2006. "Fish and meat demand in Canada: Regional differences and weak separability," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(2), pages 175-199.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.