Estimation of a hedonic price equation for Burgundy wine
AbstractA hedonic price equation and two jury grade equations are estimated for Burgundy wine. The approach is the same as in an earlier Bordeaux wine paper (Combris et al., 1997). The data come from an experimental study that is very similar to the study on Bordeaux wines. The results for the two wine-growing regions are compared and discussed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics.
Volume (Year): 32 (2000)
Issue (Month): 8 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Beckert, Jens & Rössel, Jörg & Schenk, Patrick, 2014. "Wine as a cultural product: Symbolic capital and price formation in the wine field," MPIfG Discussion Paper 14/2, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies.
- Horowitz, Ira & Lockshin, Larry, 2006. "Does Product Diversity Signal Bargains in Australian Wine?," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA), vol. 9(01).
- Koch, Kristian & Onofri, Laura, 2006. "The Italian Grappa Market: An Analysis of Consumer Preferences Through Hedonic Price Analysis," Conference Papers 6654, University of Minnesota, Center for International Food and Agricultural Policy.
- Marco Costanigro & Ron C. Mittelhammer & Jill J. McCluskey, 2009. "Estimating class-specific parametric models under class uncertainty: local polynomial regression clustering in an hedonic analysis of wine markets," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(7), pages 1117-1135.
- Donnet, M. Laura & Weatherspoon, Dave D. & Hoehn, John P., 2007. "What Adds Value in Specialty Coffee? Managerial Implications from Hedonic Price Analysis of Central and South American E-Auctions," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA), vol. 10(03).
- Jean Desrochers & J. Francois Outreville, 2013. "Uncertainty, Ambiguity and Risk Taking: an experimental investigation of consumer behavior and demand for insurance," ICER Working Papers 10-2013, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- M. Laura Donnet & Dave D. Weatherspoon & John P. Hoehn, 2008.
"Price determinants in top-quality e-auctioned specialty coffees,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 38(3), pages 267-276, 05.
- Donnet, M. Laura & Weatherspoon, Dave D. & Hoehn, John P., 2007. "Price Determinants in Top Quality E-Auctioned Specialty Coffees," Staff Papers 9310, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Fogarty, James Joseph, 2011. "Expert opinion and cuisine reputation in the market for restaurant meals," Working Papers 108666, University of Western Australia, School of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Costanigro, Marco & McCluskey, Jill J. & Mittelhammer, Ronald C., 2006. "Identifying submarket in the wine industry: a multivariate approach to hedonic regression," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21370, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Antonis Michis & Anna Markidou, 2013. "Determinants of retail wine prices: evidence from Cyprus," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 45(1), pages 267-280, August.
- Rössel, Jörg & Beckert, Jens, 2012. "Quality classifications in competition: Price formation in the German wine market," MPIfG Discussion Paper 12/3, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies.
- Sanning, Lee W. & Shaffer, Sherrill L. & Sharratt, Jo Marie, 2007. "Alternative investments: the case of wine," Working Papers 37322, American Association of Wine Economists.
- Bicknell, Kathryn & MacDonald, Ian, 2009. "How Important is Reputation for New Zealand Wine Makers?," 2009 Conference, August 27-28, 2009, Nelson, New Zealand 115717, New Zealand Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Pomarici, Eugenio & Caracciolo, Francesco & Cembalo, Luigi, 2012. "Price Heterogeneity and Vine Homogeneity: An Ordered Logit Hedonic Price Estimation," 2012 International European Forum, February 13-17, 2012, Innsbruck-Igls, Austria 144957, International European Forum on Innovation and System Dynamics in Food Networks.
- Durham, Catherine A. & Pardoe, Iain & Vega-H, Esteban, 2004. "A Methodology for Evaluating How Product Characteristics Impact Choice in Retail Settings with Many Zero Observations: An Application to Restaurant Wine Purchase," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 29(01), April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.