Determinants of the leasing decision in United Kingdom listed companies
AbstractThe study tests empirically whether the leasing decision of United Kingdom companies is determined by four company-specific characteristics. The findings suggest that there is a positive relationship between the propensity to lease and both leverage and ownership structure. The study offers only limited support for the view that the propensity to lease is likely to fall as company size increases, and provides no support for the hypothesis that companies with more growth options in their investment opportunity sets will be more likely to lease than companies with more assets-in-place.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor and Francis Journals in its journal Applied Financial Economics.
Volume (Year): 8 (1998)
Issue (Month): 5 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/routledge/09603107.html
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bierlen, Ralph W. & Parsch, Lucas D. & Dixon, Bruce L., 1999. "How Cropland Contract Type And Term Decisions Are Made: Evidence From An Arkansas Tenant Survey," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA), vol. 2(01).
- Neuberger, Doris & Räthke-Döppner, Solvig, 2012. "Leasing by small enterprises," Thuenen-Series of Applied Economic Theory 122, University of Rostock, Institute of Economics.
- Neuberger, Doris & Räthke-Döppner, Solvig, 2012.
"Leasing by small enterprises,"
Thuenen-Series of Applied Economic Theory
122, University of Rostock, Institute of Economics.
- Antonello Callimaci & Anne Fortin & Suzanne Landry, 2011. "Determinants of leasing propensity in Canadian listed companies," International Journal of Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 7(3), pages 259-283, June.
- Marie Christine Deghaye-Filareto & Eric Severin, 2007. "Determinants of the choice leasing vs Bank Loan: evidence from the french sme by Kacm," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00204911, HAL.
- Deborah BRANSWIJCK & Stefanie LONGUEVILLE & Patricia EVERAERT, 2011. "The Financial Impact of the Proposed Amendments to IAS 17: Evidence from Belgium and the Netherlands," Journal of Accounting and Management Information Systems, Faculty of Accounting and Management Information Systems, The Bucharest University of Economic Studies, vol. 10(2), pages 275â294, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.