Asymmetries and non-linearities in economic activity
AbstractIndustrial production is analysed for three countries. A GARCH framework is employed to model the conditional variances of the cycles, which are found to react asymmetrically to shocks of opposite sign; one of the three cases exhibits long-memory features. The ability of GARCH models at capturing all the heteroscedasticity of the data is tested against the null of deterministic chaos.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Financial Economics.
Volume (Year): 7 (1997)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAFE20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eun Ahn & Jin Man Lee, 2006. "Volatility relationship between stock performance and real output," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(11), pages 777-784.
- Christos S. Savva & Kyriakos C. Neanidis & Denise R. Osborn, 2007.
"Business Cycle Synchronization of the Euro Area with the New and Negotiating Member Countries,"
Centre for Growth and Business Cycle Research Discussion Paper Series
91, Economics, The Univeristy of Manchester.
- Christos S. Savva & Kyriakos C. Neanidis & Denise R. Osborn, 2010. "Business cycle synchronization of the euro area with the new and negotiating member countries," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(3), pages 288-306.
- Christos S. Savva & Kyriakos C. Neanidis & Denise R. Osborn, 2007. "Business Cycle Synchrinization of the Euro Area with the New and Negotiating Member Countries," University of Cyprus Working Papers in Economics 7-2007, University of Cyprus Department of Economics.
- Nikiforos Laopodis, 2001. "Time-Varying Behavior and Asymmetry in EMS Exchange Rates," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(4), pages 81-94.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.