Monetary policy rules under a fixed exchange rate regime: empirical evidence from China
AbstractThis article uses an open economy model to estimate, using cointegration and error-correction analysis, China's monetary policy reaction function for the period 1993 to 2003. Alternative inflation-forecast-based (IFB) policy Taylor-type rules for the interest rate are examined and their parameters are estimated. The empirical results support the hypothesis that the central bank of China follows a Taylor-type rule for the interest rate, with the aim of inflation targeting and output smoothing.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Financial Economics.
Volume (Year): 17 (2007)
Issue (Month): 12 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAFE20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alain Durré & Philippe Ledent, 2012. "The Two-tier foreign exchange market and the conduct of monetary policy: The Belgian case during Bretton-Woods era," Working Papers 2012-ECO-10, IESEG School of Management.
- Yu Hsing, 2009. "Is the monetary policy rule responsive to exchange rate changes? The case of Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, and Thailand," International Review of Economics, Springer, vol. 56(2), pages 123-132, June.
- Fredj Jawadi & Sushanta K. Mallick & Ricardo M. Sousa, 2011. "Monetary Policy Rules in the BRICS: How Important is Nonlinearity?," NIPE Working Papers 18/2011, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Luis F. Cernadas & E. René Aldazosa, 2011.
"Estimación de una función de reacción para la política monetaria en Bolivia,"
Centro de Estudios Monetarios Latinoamericanos, vol. 0(1), pages 1-36, enero-mar.
- Cernadas, Luis & Aldazosa, René, 2011.
"Estimación de una Función de Reacción para la Política Monetaria en Bolivia
[Estimating a Monetary Policy Reaction Function for Bolivia]," MPRA Paper 40592, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cernadas, Luis & Aldazosa, René, 2011. "Estimación de una Función de Reacción para la Política Monetaria en Bolivia
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.