Information transmission between Eurocurrency and domestic interest rates: evidence from the UK
AbstractThis study examines mean and volatility linkages between the UK domestic and Europound interest rates during the 1983-2002 period. Recursive cointegration analysis identifies a structural break in the long-run relationship between the domestic and Europound rates around the September 1992 European currency crisis. Further subperiod analysis clearly shows that there exists feedback between the UK domestic and Europound rates during both subperiods and that both mean and volatility linkages have been weakened after the 1992 crisis.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Financial Economics.
Volume (Year): 16 (2006)
Issue (Month): 9 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAFE20
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jian Yang, 2003. "Market Segmentation and Information Asymmetry in Chinese Stock Markets: A VAR Analysis," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 38(4), pages 591-609, November.
- Maria Kasch-Haroutounian & Simon Price, 2001. "Volatility in the transition markets of Central Europe," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(1), pages 93-105.
- Bekaert, Geert & Harvey, Campbell R. & Lumsdaine, Robin L., 2002.
"Dating the integration of world equity markets,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 203-247, August.
- Jian Yang, 2005. "Government bond market linkages: evidence from Europe," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(9), pages 599-610.
- Fleming, Jeff & Kirby, Chris & Ostdiek, Barbara, 1998. "Information and volatility linkages in the stock, bond, and money markets," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 111-137, July.
- Dimitris Georgoutsos & Georgios Kouretas, 2004.
"A Multivariate I(2) cointegration analysis of German hyperinflation,"
Applied Financial Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(1), pages 29-41.
- Dimitris Georgoutsos & George Kouretas, 2000. "A Multivariate I(2) Cointegration Analysis Of German Hyperinflation," Working Papers 0001, University of Crete, Department of Economics, revised 00 Jul 2001.
- Granger, C. W. J., 1988. "Some recent development in a concept of causality," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1-2), pages 199-211.
- Eun, Cheol S. & Shim, Sangdal, 1989. "International Transmission of Stock Market Movements," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(02), pages 241-256, June.
- Taylor, Mark P & Tonks, Ian, 1989. "The Internationalisation of Stock Markets and the Abolition of U.K. Exchange Control," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 71(2), pages 332-36, May.
- Engle, Robert F. & Kroner, Kenneth F., 1995. "Multivariate Simultaneous Generalized ARCH," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(01), pages 122-150, February.
- Henrik Hansen & Søren Johansen, 1999. "Some tests for parameter constancy in cointegrated VAR-models," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 2(2), pages 306-333.
- Sims, Christopher A, 1980. "Macroeconomics and Reality," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(1), pages 1-48, January.
- Johansen, Soren, 1991. "Estimation and Hypothesis Testing of Cointegration Vectors in Gaussian Vector Autoregressive Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(6), pages 1551-80, November.
- Jian Yang & Jaeun Shin & Moosa Khan, 2007. "Causal linkages between US and Eurodollar interest rates: further evidence," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(2), pages 135-144.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.