Investment in information technology systems and other determinants of bank profitability in the UK
AbstractThis paper investigates whether investment in information technology systems affects bank profitability in the UK during the period 1976-1996. The results show that, when the other factors used in the literature are included, the number of automated teller machines installed by a bank has a positive impact on bank profitability.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Financial Economics.
Volume (Year): 14 (2004)
Issue (Month): 5 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAFE20
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Samy Ben Naceur & Mohamed Goaied, 2001. "The determinants of the Tunisian deposit banks' performance," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(3), pages 317-319.
- Allen, Linda & Rai, Anoop, 1996. "Operational efficiency in banking: An international comparison," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 655-672, May.
- Lloyd-Williams, D. M. & Molyneux, Phil & Thornton, John, 1994. "Market structure and performance in Spanish banking," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 433-443, May.
- Clarke, Roger & Davies, Stephen & Waterson, Michael, 1984. "The Profitability-Concentration Relation: Market Power or Efficiency?," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(4), pages 435-50, June.
- Kondo, Kazumine, 2010. "Does the Presence of the Japan Post Bank in a Regional Financial Market Affect the Deposit Interest Rates of Credit Associations?," MPRA Paper 24332, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.