Tests of regimes - switching CAPM
AbstractA novel test for CAPM is presented. In contrast to the traditional models, allowance is made for the possibility that the risk measure, β, to be drawn from two different regimes, e.g. high-risk state and low-risk state. Estimation method is given, empirical results are investigated and specification tests are performed. The hypotheses of two states cannot be rejected. In addition, evidence shows that the data from low-risk state are consistent with CAPM whereas the data from high-risk state violate CAPM.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor and Francis Journals in its journal Applied Financial Economics.
Volume (Year): 10 (2000)
Issue (Month): 5 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/routledge/09603107.html
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Huang, Ho-Chuan (River), 2003. "Tests of regime-switching CAPM under price limits," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 305-326.
- Don U.A. Galagedera & Roland Shami, 2003.
"Association between Markov regime-switching market volatility and beta risk: Evidence from Dow Jones industrial securities,"
Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers
20/03, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Don U.A. Galagedera & Roland Shami, 2004. "Association between Markov regime-switching market volatility and beta risk: Evidence from Dow Jones industrial securities," Finance 0406011, EconWPA.
- Syed ali, Raza & Syed tehseen, jawaid & Imtiaz, arif & Fahim, qazi, 2011. "Validity of capital asset pricing model: evidence from Karachi stock exchange," MPRA Paper 32737, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sascha Mergner & Jan Bulla, 2008.
"Time-varying beta risk of Pan-European industry portfolios: A comparison of alternative modeling techniques,"
European Journal of Finance,
Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 14(8), pages 771-802.
- Sascha Mergner & Jan Bulla, 2005. "Time-varying Beta Risk of Pan-European Industry Portfolios: A Comparison of Alternative Modeling Techniques," Finance 0510029, EconWPA.
- Don U.A. Galagedera, 2004. "A survey on risk-return analysis," Finance 0406010, EconWPA.
- Ho-Chuan Huang & Wan-hsiu Cheng, 2005. "Tests of the CAPM under structural changes," International Economic Journal, Korean International Economic Association, vol. 19(4), pages 523-541.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.