Credit risk and Basel II: are nonprofit firms financially different?
AbstractWe estimate a model of credit risk for portfolios of small and medium-sized enterprises, conditional on being a nonprofit (NP) or for-profit (FP) firms. The estimation is based on a unique data set on Italian firms provided by a large commercial bank. We show that the main variables to identify creditworthiness are different for NP and FP firms. Traditional balance sheet information seems to be less crucial for NP firms.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor and Francis Journals in its journal Applied Financial Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 4 (2008)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAFL20
Other versions of this item:
- B. Luppi & M. Marzo & E. Scorcu, 2007. "Credit risk and Basel II: Are non-profit firms financially different?," Working Papers 601, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Barbara Luppi & Massimiliano Marzo & Antonello E. Scorcu, 2007. "Credit risk and Basel II: Are non-profit firms financially different?," Working Paper Series 30-07, The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis, revised Jul 2007.
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dirk Czarnitzki & Kornelius Kraft, 2007.
"Are credit ratings valuable information?,"
Applied Financial Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(13), pages 1061-1070.
- Bocchi Lorenzo & Lusignani Giuseppe, 2004. "Le nuove regole di "Basilea2": prime valutazioni di impatto sul rapporto banca-impresa in Italia," Banca Impresa Società, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 2, pages 209-238.
- Mario Quagliariello, 2007.
"Banks' riskiness over the business cycle: a panel analysis on Italian intermediaries,"
Applied Financial Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(2), pages 119-138.
- Mario Quagliariello, 2006. "BanksÂ’ Riskiness Over the Business Cicle: a Panel Analysis on Italian Intermediaries," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 599, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.