The monetary approach to exchange rate determination for Malaysia
AbstractThis article uses alternative versions of the monetary approach to exchange rate determination to explain the Malaysian-ringgit-USD exchange rate during the recent past. The result shows that in general the estimated coefficients of money and income differentials are consistent with all variants of monetary model. In particular, the evidence strongly supports the Bilson's version of the monetary approach.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor and Francis Journals in its journal Applied Financial Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 3 (2007)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAFL20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Theophilos Papadimitriou & Periklis Gogas & Vasilios Plakandaras, 2013.
"Forecasting the NOK/USD Exchange Rate with Machine Learning Techniques,"
Working Paper Series
59_13, The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Papadimitriou, Theophilos & Gogas, Periklis & Plakandaras, Vasilios, 2013. "Forecasting the NOK/USD Exchange Rate with Machine Learning Techniques," DUTH Research Papers in Economics 5-2013, Democritus University of Thrace, Department of Economics.
- Stephanos Papadamou & Thomas Markopoulos, 2012. "The Monetary Approach to the Exchange Rate Determination for a “Petrocurrency”: The Case of Norwegian Krone," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer, vol. 18(3), pages 299-314, August.
- Loría, Eduardo & Sánchez, Armando & Salgado, Uberto, 2010. "New evidence on the monetary approach of exchange rate determination in Mexico 1994-2007: A cointegrated SVAR model," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 540-554, April.
- Adawo, Monday A. & Effiong, Ekpeno L., 2013. "Monetary exchange rate model as a long-run phenomenon: evidence from Nigeria," MPRA Paper 46407, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lee, Chin & Law, Chee-Hong, 2013. "The Effects of Trade Openness on Malaysian Exchange Rate," MPRA Paper 45185, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.