Empirical relationship between the dividend and investment decision: do emerging market firms behave differently?
AbstractThis study provides an emerging economy perspective towards the Miller and Modigliani (1961) separation principle. Applying a panel Granger causality test proposed by Hurlin and Venet (2004) to the dividend and investment data of 265 Indian manufacturing firms for 1992--2004, the M--M hypothesis is rejected and evidence found in favour of the joint determination of financing and investment decisions.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor and Francis Journals in its journal Applied Financial Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 2 (2006)
Issue (Month): 3 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAFL20
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- McCabe, George M., 1979. "The Empirical Relationship Between Investment and Financing: A New Look," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(01), pages 119-135, March.
- Levin, Andrew & Lin, Chien-Fu & James Chu, Chia-Shang, 2002.
"Unit root tests in panel data: asymptotic and finite-sample properties,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 108(1), pages 1-24, May.
- Tom Doan, . "LEVINLIN: RATS procedure to perform Levin-Lin-Chu test for unit roots in panel data," Statistical Software Components RTS00242, Boston College Department of Economics.
- repec:pra:mprapa:37983 is not listed on IDEAS
- Deng, Lu & Li, Sifei & Liao, Mingqing & Wu, Weixing, 2013. "Dividends, investment and cash flow uncertainty: Evidence from China," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 112-124.
- Jane, Wen-Jhan, 2010. "Raising salary or redistributing it: A panel analysis of Major League Baseball," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 107(2), pages 297-299, May.
- P. S. Sanju & P. S. Nirmala & M. Ramachandran, 2011. "Are dividend and investment decisions separable?," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(20), pages 1515-1524.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.