A delegated agent in a winner-takes-all contest
AbstractA standard winner-takes-all rent-seeking contest with a principal-agent relationship is extended. One of the two players offers a contract to an agent to act as a delegate on his behalf. The wage offered to the agent is deliberately chosen. The equilibrium of the extended contest is characterized.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor and Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 9 (2002)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/routledge/13504851.html
Other versions of this item:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Schoonbeek, Lambert, 2002.
"Delegation in a group-contest,"
CCSO Working Papers
200201, University of Groningen, CCSO Centre for Economic Research.
- Matthias Kräkel & Dirk Sliwka, 2002.
"Strategic Delegation and Mergers in Oligopolistic Contests,"
Bonn Econ Discussion Papers
bgse2_2002, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Krakel, Matthias & Sliwka, Dirk, 2006. "Strategic delegation and mergers in oligopolistic contests," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 119-136.
- Huck, Steffen & Konrad, Kai A. & Muller, Wieland, 2001.
"Divisionalization in contests,"
Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 89-93, January.
- Gürtler, Oliver, 2006. "Contractual Incentive Provision and Commitment in Rent-Seeking Contests," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 100, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Schoonbeek, Lambert, 2006.
"Delegation with multiple instruments in a rent-seeking contest,"
06C11, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- Lambert Schoonbeek, 2007. "Delegation with multiple instruments in a rent-seeking contest," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 131(3), pages 453-464, June.
- Christian Rusche, 2011. "Does Delegation Help to Prevent Spiteful Behavior?," Ruhr Economic Papers 0270, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.