A 'hybrid' monetary policy model: evidence from the Euro area
AbstractThe New IS and Phillips curves state that output and inflation are purely forward-looking but this theory is conflicting with the empirical results. This note analyses how some augmented version of those curves, called hybrid IS and Phillips curves are more consistent with the data properties.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 9 (2002)
Issue (Month): 14 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Moons, Cindy & Garretsen, Harry & van Aarle, Bas & Fornero, Jorge, 2007.
"Monetary policy in the New-Keynesian model: An application to the Euro Area,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 879-902.
- MOONS, Cindy & GARRETSEN, Harry & VAN AARLE, Bas & FORNERO, Jorge, 2007. "Monetary policy in the new-Keynesian model: An application to the Euro-Area," Working Papers 2007014, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Séverine Menguy, 2009. "Heterogeneity in Inflation Persistence and Monetary Policy in a Monetary Union," Brussels Economic Review, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles, vol. 52(2), pages 121-141.
- Moyen, Stephane & Sahuc, Jean-Guillaume, 2005.
"Incorporating labour market frictions into an optimising-based monetary policy model,"
Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 159-186, January.
- Moyen, S. & Sahuc, J-G., 2004. "Incorporating Labour Market Frictions into an Optimising-Based Monetary Policy Model," Working papers 105, Banque de France.
- Mésonnier, J-S. & Renne, J-P., 2004. "Règle de Taylor et politique monétaire dans la zone euro," Working papers 117, Banque de France.
- Sahuc, Jean-Guillaume, 2006.
"Partial indexation, trend inflation, and the hybrid Phillips curve,"
Elsevier, vol. 90(1), pages 42-50, January.
- Sahuc, J-G., 2004. "Partial Indexation, Trend Inflation, and the Hybrid Phillips Curve," Working papers 118, Banque de France.
- Jean-Guillaume Sahuc, 2003. "Robust European monetary policy rules," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(14), pages 889-894.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.