Linkages among agricultural commodity futures prices: evidence from Tokyo
AbstractThis paper investigates alternative explanations of long-term comovements among the prices of agricultural commodity futures contracts. A long-term interdependency of these prices can exist because of common economic fundamentals or herd behaviour by market participants. An analysis of Tokyo Grain Exchange futures prices supports the common economic fundamentals hypothesis.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor and Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 8 (2001)
Issue (Month): 5 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/routledge/13504851.html
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aruga, Kentaka, 2011. "Linkages among the non-genetically modified soybean, conventional soybean, and corn futures markets in the Tokyo Grain Exchange," MPRA Paper 36101, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Piotr Arendarski & Łukasz Postek, 2012. "Cointegration Based Trading Strategy For Soft Commodities Market," Working Papers 2012-02, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
- Kentaka Aruga, 2011. "Are the Tokyo Grain Exchange non-genetically modified organism (non-GMO) and conventional soybean futures markets integrated?," Agricultural Finance Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 71(1), pages 84-97, May.
- Ramaprasad Bhar & Shigeyuki Hamori, 2006. "Linkages among agricultural commodity futures prices: some further evidence from Tokyo," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 13(8), pages 535-539.
- Ramaprasad Bhar & Shigeyuki Hamori, 2006. "Component structures of agricultural commodity futures traded on the Tokyo Grain Exchange," Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 1-9, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.