The influence of exchange rate variability on UK exports
AbstractThis paper examines the influence of exchange rate variability on UK exports in the period of 'floating' sterling 1973Q2-1990Q3. Using the most recently developed bounds tests (appropriate when the cointegrating vector incorporates both I(1) or I(0) variables) the long-run demand for UK exports invariant to exchange rate variability is found.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 8 (2001)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Koi Nyen Wong & Tuck Cheong Tang, 2007.
"Exchange Rate Variability And The Export Demand For Malaysia'S Semiconductors: An Empirical Study,"
Monash Economics Working Papers
13-07, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Koi Nyen Wong & Tuck Cheong Tang, 2009. "Exchange rate variability and the export demand for Malaysia's semiconductors: an empirical study," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(6), pages 695-706.
- David Kihangire & Charles Abuka, 2005. "EXCHANGE RATE MISALIGNMENT AND FINANCIAL LIBERALISATION: Exchange Rate Misalignment and Financial Liberalisation: Empirical Evidence and Macroeconomic Implications for Uganda, 1993-2004," International Finance 0505017, EconWPA.
- Chien-Chung Nieh & Yu-Shan Wang, 2005. "ARDL Approach to the Exchange Rate Overshooting in Taiwan," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 25(1), pages 55-71, August.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:6:y:2008:i:7:p:1-14 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tang, Tuck Cheong, 2004. "Demand for broad money and expenditure components in Japan: an empirical study," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 487-502, December.
- Sam Cameron & Khair-uz-Zaman, 2006. "Export Function Estimates for the Pakistan Carpet Industry," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 45(4), pages 1287-1297.
- Bouoiyour, Jamal & Selmi, Refk, 2014. "How Does Exchange Rate Uncertainty interact with International Trade? A Meta-Analysis Revisited," MPRA Paper 56201, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nicolas Péridy, 2003. "Exchange rate volatility, sectoral trade, and the aggregation bias," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 139(3), pages 389-418, September.
- Tang, Tuck Cheong, 2003. "Japanese aggregate import demand function: reassessment from the 'bounds' testing approach," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 419-436, December.
- Tuck Cheong Tang, 2003. "Cointegration analysis for Japanese import demand: revisited," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(14), pages 905-908.
- David Kihangire, 2005. "The Effects Of Exchange Rate Variability On Exports: Evidence From Uganda (1988 – 2001)," International Trade 0505013, EconWPA.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.