Examining the export-led growth hypothesis for Spain in the last century
AbstractThe relationship between real income and real exports is examined for the Spanish economy in the last century (1901-1999) using annual data. The significant changes of the Spanish economy during this period have made of the analysis a mixed one. The export-led growth hypothesis is supported during the economic liberalization period whereas for the protectionist and autarkic period neither a long-run nor a short-run relationship between those two variables are found. When the century as a whole is considered, then, a unidirectional causality running from income to exports is exhibited.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 8 (2001)
Issue (Month): 10 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Narayan, Paresh Kumar & Sharma, Susan Sunila & Bannigidadmath, Deepa, 2013.
"Does tourism predict macroeconomic performance in Pacific Island countries?,"
Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 780-786.
- Paresh Kumar Narayan & Susan S Sharma & Deepa Bannigidadmath, . "Does Tourism Predict Macroeconomic Performance in Pacific Island Countries?," Financial Econometics Series, Deakin University, Faculty of Business and Law, School of Accounting, Economics and Finance 2013_03, Deakin University, Faculty of Business and Law, School of Accounting, Economics and Finance.
- Ferda Halicioglu, 2007.
"A Multivariate Causality Analysis of Export and Growth for Turkey,"
EERI Research Paper Series
EERI_RP_2007_05, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Halicioglu, Ferda, 2007. "A Multivariate Causality Analysis of Export and Growth for Turkey," MPRA Paper 3565, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jacint Balaguer & Manuel Cantavella-Jorda, 2004.
"Structural change in exports and economic growth: cointegration and causality analysis for Spain (1961-2000),"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(5), pages 473-477.
- Jacint Balaguer & Manuel Cantavella-JordÃ¡, 2002. "Structural Change In Exports And Economic Growth: Cointegration And Causality Analysis For Spain (1961-2000)," Working Papers. Serie EC, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones EconÃ³micas, S.A. (Ivie) 2002-22, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones EconÃ³micas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Jaime AndrÃ©s Collazos & Pedro Luis Rosero, 2010. "Â¿Posee el Valle del Cauca una economÃa transformadora de importaciones orientadas a la ExportaciÃ³n?," DOCUMENTOS DE POLÃTICAS PÃšBLICAS 006880, UNIVERSIDAD ICESI.
- Muhammad, Shahbaz & Pervaz, Azeem & Ahmad, Khalil, 2011.
"Exports-led growth hypothesis in Pakistan: further evidence,"
33617, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 18 Sep 2011.
- Muhammad Shahbaz & Pervaz Azim & Khalil Ahmad, 2011. "Exports-Led Growth Hypothesis in Pakistan: Further Evidence," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 1(3), pages 182-197, September.
- Nguyen, Hong-Oanh & Tongzon, Jose, 2010. "Causal nexus between the transport and logistics sector and trade: The case of Australia," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 135-146, May.
- Akmal, Muhammad Shahbaz & Ahmad, Khalil & Ali, Muhammad, 2009. "Exports-Led Growth Hypothesis in Pakistan: Further Evidence," MPRA Paper 16043, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fugarolas, Guadalupe & Mañalich, Isis & Matesanz, David, 2007. "Are Exports Causing Growth? Evidence On International Trade Expansion In Cuba, 1960-2004," MPRA Paper 6323, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Balaguer, Jacint & Cantavella-Jorda, Manuel, 2004. "Export composition and Spanish economic growth: evidence from the 20th century," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 165-179, February.
- zaharey, 2005. "Structural change in Export and economics growth: Analysis for spain (1980-2001)," Econometrics, EconWPA 0506007, EconWPA.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.