Impact of budget deficits on ex post real long-term interest rates
AbstractThe study investigates the impact of budget deficits on ex post real long-term interest rates over the 1973-1995 period, thereby addressing an interest rate measure and time period, i.e. beyond the mid-to late-1980s, that have received only limited attention in the literature. The instrumented variables (IV) estimate provides strong evidence that budget deficits do raise the long-term real ex post rate of interest.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor and Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 7 (2000)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/routledge/13504851.html
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Peter Claeys & Rosina Moreno & Jordi Suriñach, 2008. "Fiscal policy and interest rates: the role of financial and economic integration," IREA Working Papers 200810, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised Sep 2008.
- Denise Côté & Christopher Graham, 2004. "Convergence of Government Bond Yields in the Euro Zone: The Role of Policy Harmonization," Working Papers 04-23, Bank of Canada.
- Marc Hayford, 2005. "Fiscal policy and national saving," Applied Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 37(9), pages 981-992.
- Jérôme Creel & Bruno Ducoudré & Catherine Mathieu & Henri Sterdyniak, 2005.
"Doit-on oublier la politique budgétaire ?. Une analyse critique de la nouvelle théorie anti-keynésienne des finances publiques,"
Revue de l'OFCE,
Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 92(1), pages 43-97.
- Catherine Mathieu & Jérôme Creel & Henri Sterdyniak & Bruno Ducoudre, 2005. "Doit-on oublier la politique budgétaire? Une analyse critique de la nouvelle théorie anti-keynésienne des finances publiques," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/1769, Sciences Po.
- Bruno Ducoudré, 2005. "Fiscal policy and interest rates," Documents de Travail de l'OFCE 2005-08, Observatoire Francais des Conjonctures Economiques (OFCE).
- Tigran Poghosyan, 2012. "Long-Run and Short-Run Determinants of Sovereign Bond Yields in Advanced Economies," IMF Working Papers 12/271, International Monetary Fund.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.