Low income energy assistance and disconnection in France
AbstractElectricite de France, the French monopoly provider of electricity, has been testing a number of new policy instruments to avoid disconnection among its low income customers. This paper uses decentralization, a common feature of social programmes, to identify the impact of Electricite de France's energy assistance programmes on the probability of disconnection for households with difficulties of payment. Naive estimates of programme impact are shown to be seriously biased.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 7 (2000)
Issue (Month): 12 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Backiny-Yetna, Prospere & Wodon, Quentin, 2009. "Comparing the Private Cost of Education at Public, Private, and Faith-Based Schools in Cameroon," MPRA Paper 16464, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Backiny-Yetna, Prospere & Wodon, Quentin, 2009. "Comparing the Performance of Faith-Based and Government Schools in the Democratic Republic of Congo," MPRA Paper 16463, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wodon, Quentin & Ying, Yvonne, 2009. "Literacy and Numeracy in Faith-Based and Government Schools in Sierra Leone," MPRA Paper 16462, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wodon, Quentin, 2013. "Faith-inspired, Private Secular, and Public Schools in sub-Saharan Africa: Market Share, Reach to the Poor, Cost, and Satisfaction," MPRA Paper 45363, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Felipe Barrera-Osorio & Harry Anthony Patrinos & Quentin Wodon, 2009. "Emerging Evidence on Vouchers and Faith-based Providers in Education : Case Studies from Africa, Latin America, and Asia," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2644.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.