An empirical note on the monetary exchange rate model
AbstractThe validity of the monetary approach as a model of long-run exchange rate determination is examined under both fixed and flexible rate regimes. The powerful KPSS and JJ multivariate cointegration procedures are sequentially applied to test the order of integration and common trends in the monetary model under consideration.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 7 (2000)
Issue (Month): 10 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Adawo, Monday A. & Effiong, Ekpeno L., 2013. "Monetary exchange rate model as a long-run phenomenon: evidence from Nigeria," MPRA Paper 46407, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Venus Khim-Sen Liew & Ahmad Zubaidi Baharumshah & Chin-Hong Puah, 2009.
"Monetary Model of Exchange Rate for Thailand: Long-run Relationship and Monetary Restrictions,"
Global Economic Review,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(4), pages 385-395.
- Liew, Venus Khim-Sen & Baharumshah, Ahmad Zubaidi & Puah, Chin-Hong, 2009. "Monetary Model of Exchange Rate for Thailand: Long-run Relationship and Monetary Restrictions," MPRA Paper 17715, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chien-Chung Nieh & Yu-Shan Wang, 2005. "ARDL Approach to the Exchange Rate Overshooting in Taiwan," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 25(1), pages 55-71, August.
- Liew, Venus Khim-Sen, 2009.
"Linear and nonlinear monetary approaches to the exchange rate of the Philippines peso-Japanese yen,"
15550, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 05 Jun 2009.
- Venus khim-sen Liew, 2009. "Linear and nonlinear monetary approaches to the exchange rate of the Philippines peso-Japanese yen," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(2), pages 1320-1329.
- Ahmet Ugur & Yusuf Ekrem Akbas & Mehmet Senturk, 2014. "Long Term Validity of Monetary Exchange Rate Model: Evidence from Turkey," Romanian Economic Journal, Department of International Business and Economics from the Academy of Economic Studies Bucharest, vol. 17(51), pages 111-136, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.